English > Forum in English

Pictures of Solaris

<< < (3/9) > >>

Dom:
Indeed, the ocean could be darker but the attempts that I had made with a darker texture did not give very satisfactory results, it looked like rather some ink. I thus chose to use the games of light on its surface to render better its substance. In the novel the colour of the ocean changes according to the lighting and also some phenomena.

For the mimoides, yes I think that you are right, objects create by them would be less perfected but that was my first attempts, I not know how to represent such things, so I chose to make simplified objects. I would make other pictures with less perfect creations. I think I can improve my representations of the ocean of Solaris.

Thank for your advice.

This is an interressant thing : a simple experimentation realized with cornstarch, it evokes some solarian phenomena.

Terminus:
  Wow, I must say this cornstarch really resembles solarian ocean... at least the way I imagine it. Thanks for the movie!
It is even more stunning once we realise that Lem probably wasn't aware of such experiments at the time of writing, yet he described the para-fluidal structures almost like he had seen it in the movie...

As for the images you're producing: seeing them in motion would really stun me, no doubt about that. I know that your techniques at the moment don't allow you to do it, as you're using sketch and scanning, but who knows... maybe in the future, once you've prepared a full 3-d model. Who knows...

I wish you very best.

Regards
t

affidavit.donda:
This one is also stunning:

Dom:
I have in project to realize videos from my pictures, the CGI software  which I use allows to make animations but this software is especially conceived  to make animations of mechanical objects (robots, vehicles, spaceships) more than of living beings. I begin to make attempts of movement of the camera in a virtual scene and also of morphing. I would put on-line soon some of these films but before I am going to change my computer against a more powerful one.

achajka:
so, we will look forward to end of this project..your pictures are very, very intresting!
Good luck with your plans!

Nawigacja

[0] Indeks wiadomości

[#] Następna strona

[*] Poprzednia strona

Idź do wersji pełnej