Autor Wątek: The Lem Encyclopedia  (Przeczytany 18260 razy)

skrzat

• YaBB Administrator
The Lem Encyclopedia
« dnia: Kwietnia 28, 2011, 03:57:12 pm »
Dear Forum Users:

Recently we started a beta version of a Lemopedia (a Stanislaw Lem Encyclopedia): www.lem.pl/lemopedia

You are kindly invited to participate in development of this project.

Nicolai

• Juror
  • YaBB Newbies
  • I Love YaBB 2!
Re: The Lem Encyclopedia
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: Kwietnia 29, 2011, 01:49:23 am »
I've created the following pages for two of Lem's short stories:
'The Third Sally, or The Dragons of Probability Danish Science Fiction Cirklen 2007'
&
'Ananke Danish Science Fiction Cirklen 2007'

However, I'm afraid the headings need some editing as I added information that when saved is displayed in a rather awkward way. Sorry about that.  :)
« Ostatnia zmiana: Kwietnia 29, 2011, 02:18:12 am wysłana przez Nicolai »

skrzat

• YaBB Administrator
« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: Kwietnia 29, 2011, 11:39:24 am »
Great job :-) I did some minor corrections. I will try to make the template for editions more flexible.

j.novak

• YaBB Newbies
« Odpowiedź #3 dnia: Maja 18, 2011, 09:49:21 pm »
Hello, did you consider putting list of books in particular language edition into chronological instead of alphabetical order? Because alphabetical order of english titles of czech editions (for example) is little bit confusing. I mean something like bibliography page on wikipedia i.e.: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bibliography_of_Philip_K._Dick   In fact czech titles sometimes does not match with english or polish ones. For example book "Panuv hlas" (His Master's Voice,Głos Pana) is collection of many long or short stories publlished separatelly in other countries. 

j.novak

• YaBB Newbies
« Odpowiedź #4 dnia: Maja 18, 2011, 11:14:55 pm »
BTW, I've got Lem's book "Lov" (Polowanie,1965), containing several short stories, published in 1969 in Czech. Rep. How should I create a page for it if I don't know whether it was published in english?

Terminus

• Global Moderator
  • God Member
  • AST-Pm-105/044 Uniwersalny Naprawczy
« Odpowiedź #5 dnia: Maja 19, 2011, 12:53:25 am »
I guess the ordering of books will change in the future. It is true that there soon will be too many.

Sure you can create a page for your book - you even should. It doesn't matter at all if it has or hasn't been published in English, as long as you know how to translate the title. I guess it should be something straighforward, as "The Hunt(ing)". If some compilation appears, we usually agree on some standard of English title translation, so then everyone knows what book is considered.
Of course, IF some book has been published in English, we want to know what was the title and try to apply it. But as far as I know, this one hasn't. Don't worry, even if you put it in Lemopedia it can always be changed, so go on.

BTW it's great to have Czech people here:) We also have the word "Lov" in Polish (it's "Łów", almost the same), but I'm sure you already know we have dozens of common words:) Slavic Power!:))

Regards!

skrzat

• YaBB Administrator
« Odpowiedź #6 dnia: Maja 19, 2011, 12:40:38 pm »
BTW, I've got Lem's book "Lov" (Polowanie,1965), containing several short stories, published in 1969 in Czech. Rep. How should I create a page for it if I don't know whether it was published in english?

We really appreciate your help! For "Lov" you oughta create a new page titled "Hunt Czech NameOfPublisher YearOfEdition", past the following template and fill in the empty spaces:

[[file:{{subst:PAGENAME}}.jpg|thumb|right|250px]]
{{Editio1
|title=Lov
|Polish title=Polowanie
|English title=Hunt, the
|language=
|country=
|place=
|publisher=
|publication date=
|volume=
|edition=
|translator=
|cover=
|cover by=
|pages=
|ISBN=
|print-run=
|series=
}}

j.novak

• YaBB Newbies
« Odpowiedź #7 dnia: Maja 19, 2011, 01:25:20 pm »
So "Hunt" added. This book is little bit of rarity because it had print-run of 3000 pieces only. However, sometimes it is available on aukro.cz etc.

j.novak

• YaBB Newbies
« Odpowiedź #8 dnia: Maja 23, 2011, 01:36:11 pm »
Hello, I added another book - Nepromarněný čas (Time not lost/Czas Nieutracony), 1959. I hope I didn't overlook it :-) I also made some other corrections but sometimes the problem is in the name of the page which I don't know how to change. I.e. second edition of Magellan Nebula was published in 1958 not in 1957. I suppose the page must be completely recreated, right?

tzok

• Juror
« Odpowiedź #9 dnia: Maja 23, 2011, 07:28:03 pm »
Hi j.novak. Thanks a lot for Czech additions to Lemopedia! :)

You can move (rename) the page when you are logged in. The operation is available when you expand the arrow near other operations. Please take a look here on the screenshot.

Terminus

• Global Moderator
  • God Member
« Odpowiedź #10 dnia: Maja 24, 2011, 09:15:49 am »
Hihi, your screenshot is a fullscale browser window, I wanted click the links:)

j.novak

• YaBB Newbies
« Odpowiedź #11 dnia: Maja 24, 2011, 09:47:45 pm »
Hello,
I moved my blog presenting czech editions of Stanislaw Lem's books to dedicated blog: lem.nonsens.cz
I will definitely synchronize possible updates in lemopedia with my blog.

Terminus

• Global Moderator
  • God Member
« Odpowiedź #12 dnia: Maja 26, 2011, 11:57:25 am »
Wow, your blog knocked me over. It's great.
Hm, there are quite a few neat sources over the net pertaining to Lem, maybe we could think of some reservoir of links in lemopedia?