Autor Wątek: Pictures of Solaris  (Przeczytany 140881 razy)

Terminus

• Gość
Re: Pictures of Solaris
« Odpowiedź #30 dnia: Października 16, 2009, 10:35:23 pm »
Dom I tranlated first part and sent it to you.
Best regards!

Dom

• Juror
  • YaBB Newbies
  • The french solarist
« Odpowiedź #31 dnia: Października 16, 2009, 11:39:37 pm »
Great. I think I shall begin inserting it on my website at the beginning of 2010. I do not have a lot of time by these days.

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #32 dnia: Października 18, 2009, 01:30:46 am »
So we understand eachother:)

rekk1986

• Juror
  • YaBB Newbies
« Odpowiedź #33 dnia: Stycznia 26, 2010, 05:29:13 am »
It is very very impressed, Dom. Can you convert into English soon so that more people can read here.

Dom

• Juror
  • YaBB Newbies
  • The french solarist
« Odpowiedź #34 dnia: Lutego 05, 2010, 09:17:59 pm »

I have just discovered an absolutely stunning website. It presents CGI pictures realized from fractales equations imagined by the mathematician Benoît Mandelbrot. 

You can visit it with this link : http://www.skytopia.com/project/fractal/mandelbulb.html

Objects in virtual 3D obtained by this way evoke completely the creations of the Ocean of Solaris. By seeing these images we really have the impression to contemplate things belonging to another world, with a complexity which exceeds the capacities of understanding of the human mind. Visually, their strangeness and their complexity have to envy nothing to the creations of the thinking Ocean, it corresponds even with Lem's descriptions of the solarian phenomenon (in particular symetriades) : arcs, vaults, columns, balconies with scalloped edges, domes, forms evoking at the same time the mineral and the vegetable...

Furthermore, the way they were created corresponds with the idea developed by Lem in its novel : objects which would be mathematical equations in three, or even four, dimensions (according to one of the theories of Solaristique to explain symetriades). I find it fascinating and I think that Lem would have liked  this. There is not only pictures, we can also view videos. One shows the inside of one of these structures and gives impression to dive into a symetriade or another creation of the same type. It's great.

One of these amazing fractal pictures

Q

• YaBB Moderator
  • God Member
  • Jego Induktywność
« Odpowiedź #35 dnia: Lutego 06, 2010, 12:38:39 am »
Yeah. This is great. Thank you very, very, much Dom  :).
"Wśród wydarzeń wszechświata nie ma ważnych i nieważnych, tylko my różnie je postrzegamy. Podział na ważne i nieważne odbywa się w naszych umysłach" - Marek Baraniecki

karljoesen

• Juror
  • YaBB Newbies
« Odpowiedź #36 dnia: Marca 08, 2010, 09:02:48 am »
well this pics is so interesting, Thanks for your post

seriusjoe987

• Juror
  • YaBB Newbies
« Odpowiedź #37 dnia: Marca 30, 2010, 09:52:26 am »
Its mindblowing work.............quite cool n something new

Terminus

• Global Moderator
  • God Member
  • AST-Pm-105/044 Uniwersalny Naprawczy
« Odpowiedź #38 dnia: Kwietnia 05, 2012, 11:52:57 am »

I have just discovered an absolutely stunning website. It presents CGI pictures realized from fractales equations imagined by the mathematician Benoît Mandelbrot. 

You can visit it with this link : http://www.skytopia.com/project/fractal/mandelbulb.html

Objects in virtual 3D obtained by this way evoke completely the creations of the Ocean of Solaris. By seeing these images we really have the impression to contemplate things belonging to another world, with a complexity which exceeds the capacities of understanding of the human mind. Visually, their strangeness and their complexity have to envy nothing to the creations of the thinking Ocean, it corresponds even with Lem's descriptions of the solarian phenomenon (in particular symetriades) : arcs, vaults, columns, balconies with scalloped edges, domes, forms evoking at the same time the mineral and the vegetable...

Furthermore, the way they were created corresponds with the idea developed by Lem in its novel : objects which would be mathematical equations in three, or even four, dimensions (according to one of the theories of Solaristique to explain symetriades). I find it fascinating and I think that Lem would have liked  this. There is not only pictures, we can also view videos. One shows the inside of one of these structures and gives impression to dive into a symetriade or another creation of the same type. It's great.

One of these amazing fractal pictures

Gosh, I never saw this post:(
It so happens I'm a mathematician, if you want to use fractals in your graphics or generate any more intricate structures basing on the mathematical formulations they present, just give me a call:)
regards

Q

• YaBB Moderator
  • God Member
  • Jego Induktywność
Odp: Pictures of Solaris
« Odpowiedź #39 dnia: Sierpnia 09, 2019, 04:32:23 pm »
Lemian ;) images by Rudolf Eizenhöfer:
http://nachtgoblin.blogspot.com/2011/07/solaris.html
1. Solaris,
2. Cryonia from "The Three Electroknights" (probably),
3. Condor from "The Invincible".
« Ostatnia zmiana: Sierpnia 09, 2019, 04:42:57 pm wysłana przez Q »
"Wśród wydarzeń wszechświata nie ma ważnych i nieważnych, tylko my różnie je postrzegamy. Podział na ważne i nieważne odbywa się w naszych umysłach" - Marek Baraniecki

Q

• YaBB Moderator
  • God Member
  • Jego Induktywność
« Odpowiedź #40 dnia: Lipca 08, 2020, 09:42:30 pm »
Illustrations for "Solaris" by Daria Khlebnikova:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/mE1Je
Not very good, to by frank.

Ambrose

• YaBB Newbies
« Odpowiedź #41 dnia: Lipca 27, 2020, 01:52:14 pm »
The page http://signodom.club.fr/ is currently unavailable but if you are interested in works mentioned in above topic, you can find it on wikimedia.org:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Solaris

They are indeed, pretty absorbing.
Sed tamen esse potest totaliter aliter.

Q

• YaBB Moderator
  • God Member
  • Jego Induktywność
« Odpowiedź #42 dnia: Stycznia 16, 2021, 09:17:21 am »

Q

• YaBB Moderator
  • God Member
  • Jego Induktywność
« Odpowiedź #43 dnia: Stycznia 07, 2022, 12:14:41 pm »
you can find it on wikimedia.org:

And on YouTube:

JacekRadarowiec

• YaBB Newbies
« Odpowiedź #44 dnia: Stycznia 11, 2022, 05:41:09 pm »
I really love this! I like fractals the most

but we don't love spam-links - Q
« Ostatnia zmiana: Stycznia 11, 2022, 11:09:04 pm wysłana przez Q »