Autor Wątek: Massive influence  (Przeczytany 9951 razy)

Koira

• YaBB Newbies
Massive influence
« dnia: Grudnia 04, 2020, 12:21:26 pm »
I can see larger and smaller parts of almost all his books being the foundation or strong influence on so many movies (for example inception, event horizon, just to name few). It is totally unfair he never got any public credit for any of it and writers who's epics are solved by fistfights are famous 'creators of the genre'.

Maybe not the best writer ever but definitely and by far the smartest and most insightful writer about future, society and science. Just astounding. Such imagination combined with analytical and rational thinking.

Sadly, I see from his writing a lonely guy who didn't seem to have had friends in the same frequency as he was. I can see he knew his worth and was little saddened by lack of recognition. I guess the smarter one is the lonelier the world is.

I'm so glad I still have few books from him left to read.

Lembit Staan

• YaBB Newbies
Odp: Massive influence
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: Grudnia 04, 2020, 07:39:01 pm »
the foundation or strong influence on so many movies (for example inception, event horizon, just to name few). It is totally unfair he never got any public credit for any of it and writers who's epics are solved by fistfights are famous 'creators of the genre'.

Well, In English Wikipedia much of this is acknowledged. Bus some is missing. For example, just now, following your hints I included the references of infilence of Lem on Inception and Event Horizon into the correcponding 5 articles (including "Stanislaw Lem") . If you know any other works influenced by Lem, please let me know, and I will update Wikipedia. You can do it yourself, but please keep in mind that any additions to Wikipedia mush be supplied with referenced to reputable sources; see how I've done it in "Stanislaw Lem" article.