Autor Wątek: "There are no answers. There are only Choices  (Przeczytany 136070 razy)

cckeiser

• Juror
  • The Observer
Re: "There are no answers. There are only Cho
« Odpowiedź #75 dnia: Stycznia 10, 2005, 03:15:44 am »
hi CC, i followed the article's link that you posted. I did not find the word "solipsistic" or "solipsism" even once in the whole article.

Now I'm sure there are correlations between the article you posted and the answers you think might help me, but finding those correlations on my own is not an efficient way for me to spend my time.

And I'd love to participate in whatever experiment you have going on    :)

No, they do not call it solipsism, but the rationale for both are the same. I just take it to the next level.

I just got in from work. I had to work this weekend AGAIN, so had little time for the Internet once again. And I still need to copy-edit Chapter 4! My coauthor is patiently waiting my first edits, so I will need to be brief right now.

Here is the experiment I would like you and Terminus; and anyone else who would like to join in, to give a try.

I would like you to read both Poly-Solipsism and The Singularity, 6 times over the next 7 days, but not more than twice on any single day.
www.poly-solipsism.com

I know they are just a bit wordy, but it should not take that much time for each read. You do not need to go to my web site if you do not wish to; just copy and paste the text into a file and save it if you wish.
Of course, as you can guess, I cannot tell you why until you are all finished with the experiment.

In the mean time I will try and catch up on my promises to both you and my coauthor.

By the way, I just received an e-mail from another author who loves my Poly-Solipsism!
A quote from his e-mail!
"I'm reading carefully your texts and up to now I didn't find anything to disagree with you. "

There's much more, but I think that will do for now!
We exist. All else is Philosophy.

There are no answers. There are only Choices!

cckeiser

• Juror
  • The Observer
« Odpowiedź #76 dnia: Stycznia 10, 2005, 03:28:51 am »

To cckeiser, in Relation to the singularity.
If there is something more than nothing, it's Karma for
my Person.
Or Singularity, if you name it so

Hi SoGo!  :)

A reply a few days ago from another discussion board on the same subject!

...In order for there to be a true Nothingness there can be no Thought, or Consciousness to carry that thought, and if there is no Consciousness, there is no Singularity.

"That's just the thing, there was nothing until it recognized itself and grew defining itself"

I liked that!  :)

Sternenfisch

• Juror
  • <@]-|-|-- BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN --|-|-[@>
« Odpowiedź #77 dnia: Stycznia 10, 2005, 12:52:44 pm »
Hi cckeiser!

There is just one Point, which Polysolipsism must see:
If consciousness, than every form of it.
Robots as same as humans, as same as plants.
And stones have a consciousness, too.
But that didn't mean a stone has the same intelligence
than a human. :)
It's graded on a scale.

hypersipher

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #78 dnia: Stycznia 10, 2005, 05:06:33 pm »
i believe the experiment you propose is lengthy, therefore i would require compensation.

I calculate the time-cost of my leisure is:

a = hours i am awake
b = my monthly salary
c = days i work in a month

total conscious hours for me in a month are 480 (16 hrs awake a day x 30 days).

Since "b = $3000," my time-cost is 480 - hours of work (8 hours a day x 5 days x 4 weeks = 160 hours), which equals 320 hours.

Dividing my monthly salary by leisure hours awake equals $3000/320 = $9.375/hour.

Since I value my time at an amount equal or greater than $18.75 (my monthly wage), the lesiure worth of my time is the difference of my working wage and what I would require for the time-cost....

This equals $18.75 - $9.375 = $9.375.

If you pay me $9.375 for every hour i spend reading your theory, I will be willing to participate in your experiment.

Socrates

• Juror
  • I shall become the world's best fencer.
« Odpowiedź #79 dnia: Stycznia 11, 2005, 03:34:54 am »
Pretty cheap.  I ask for $25/hour with dental and medical benefits.  Oh yeah, and the free rental of a car of my choice.  
Cheers, Socrates

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #80 dnia: Stycznia 11, 2005, 07:02:05 pm »
Jeez... If you had $3000/month here, in Poland, I would personally rob you and knock fluffy experiments out of your head.  ;D

« Ostatnia zmiana: Stycznia 11, 2005, 07:02:36 pm wysłana przez Terminus »

Sternenfisch

• Juror
  • <@]-|-|-- BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN --|-|-[@>
« Odpowiedź #81 dnia: Stycznia 11, 2005, 08:18:04 pm »
 ;D So, we are talking about money?

cckeiser

• Juror
  • The Observer
« Odpowiedź #82 dnia: Stycznia 12, 2005, 04:30:47 am »
Hi cckeiser!

There is just one Point, which Polysolipsism must see:
If consciousness, than every form of it.
Robots as same as humans, as same as plants.
And stones have a consciousness, too.
But that didn't mean a stone has the same intelligence
than a human. :)
It's graded on a scale.

Consciousness

Given the essence of The Singularity is Consciousness, then fundamental Consciousness is not &#8216;the act of thinking,' which we usually confuse with the term Consciousness, it is not Awareness itself, but the metaphysical domain supporting Awareness and transferring Thought.

Thought is not the activity or process of Thinking, but a consequence of Thinking. A Thought is a metaphysical energy wave that carries Information. Consciousness then is the metaphysical medium that contains Thought Waves, and through which the Information passes. As such Consciousness is not an active agent itself, but is the agency composed of active agents. Our Minds, as the degrees of freedom of Consciousness, would then be the active agents that generate the Thought waves through the Consciousness of The Singularity.
Without Consciousness there is no Singularity, and without our minds as the degrees of freedom of Consciousness there is no Consciousness.
But "Degrees of Freedom" imply varying degrees, or degrees of differences. In other words, each degree of freedom bestows different freedoms.
Within the degrees of freedom would then lie different levels of Consciousness.
Knowing is the ability to store thought waves in memory.
Thinking is the ability of Knowing to connect thought waves together, with the ability to generate a thought wave,.
Awareness combines Knowing and Thinking with the ability to distinguish Self.
Intelligence combines Knowing, Thinking and  Awareness and recognize its own process of Knowing and Thinking.
Comprehension is the next level of Intelligence with the ability to process Information and recognize associations and the significance of those associations.
Creativity is the ability to manipulate Comprehension to produce new Information and create new associations.
As the Consciousness of The Singularity continues to evolve we combine the previous levels of Consciousness to acquire the next.
Which would then mean a continual evolution of Consciousness beyond Creativity. But of course, since we have not evolved to that state yet, we cannot know what that next level is.
What could we add to the Creative mind to evolve it to the next level of Consciousness?
Perhaps it is Conscience? We can add a caring soul to the Creative Mind!

Within Universe then, since Fundamental Consciousness is at the heart of all things, all things are Fundamentally Conscious, and therefore all things can carry a thought wave.
Just as a copper wire can carry a current without generating the current itself, all &#8216;things'; inanimate Stuff, can carry a thought wave without generating the thought wave or &#8216;knowing' were the wave came from. Thought waves simply pass through them. They absorb and emit photons which carry the information of Thought waves.

C.C.Keiser
12/23/04

hypersipher

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #83 dnia: Stycznia 12, 2005, 08:44:18 am »
Interesting theory Keiser, but I see a host of problems with it.

Its almost a descriptive theory and this is worse than a value judgement. It is like saying "a rose is red" and not expecting the reader to "feel" anything.

Just for clarification, the multi-universe theory has not been proven to date. Even IF it exists, it fundamentally conflicts with your "poly-solipsism." The reason being, of course, is that your theory establishes that  ... very roughly speaking ... universe is in my individual mind, all else is redundant.

If universe is only which I can observe through my senses, then basing a theory on something which we can never interact with, see, influence etc (I am referring to multi-universes) then it becomes useless before even embarking on the journey it set out on.

Why am I referring to multi-universe when you have discarded it already? For the simple fact that you use it as a backdrop, and prove your poly-solipsism by trying to disprove and/or modify multi-universe.

I can keep going on and on but the fundamental basis of this theory are flawed.

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #84 dnia: Stycznia 12, 2005, 05:41:05 pm »
;D So, we are talking about money?

No, just a joke:) (but it really is a lot of cash herein)

I'm like not very able to understand everything that is covered in this topic, so I don't get too involved :)

cckeiser

• Juror
  • The Observer
« Odpowiedź #85 dnia: Stycznia 13, 2005, 04:28:12 am »
Hyper:
For example, your 2nd premise "2: Every mind strives to create its own perfect universe" conflicts with "5:"Reality" is generated from the combined perceptions of all entangled minds."
You are saying, as far as the premises go, that reality cannot emerge unless we have entangled minds. That is invalid.

cck:
You are taking them out of context to find fault. Since all 5 tenets are related, to understand any one you must consider them in relation to each other.

Poly-Solipsism

1: Every mind is a universe unto itself.
2: Every mind strives to create its own perfect universe.
3: The laws of that universe are solely governed by the perception of the mind.
4:These laws can be altered if the perception is altered.
5:"Reality" is generated from the combined perceptions of all entangled minds.

Therefore when you say "... your 2nd premise "2: Every mind strives to create its own perfect universe" conflicts with "5:"Reality" is generated from the combined perceptions of all entangled minds."
You are confusing what is perceived in one person's personal universe with what we all perceive in our shared Reality.
At first glance "What is Reality" looks pretty simple. Reality is what is "Real," but philosophers always seem to have a way of turning &#8216;simple' into the complex, so now we must ask what is "Real?"
If we look up "Real" in the dictionary we get a string of is's that boil down to: "Real" is what we perceive to be real. So for something to be "Real," it must be perceived.
Ok, that still seems simple enough, but now we must define "Perceive"!
It is when we try to define "Perception" that things start getting complex.
Perception: Consciousness, Awareness, Insight, Intuition.
We can find definitions for these and say we know what these are, but we do not know how they work, how we got them, or where they come from.
Without knowing the answers to these questions, we cannot know what is Real, and without knowing what is Real we cannot know what "Reality" is.

Poly-Solipsism is more than "many entities of knowing."  It is more than the statement "We Exist" as a Multiplicity. It is in understanding &#8216;what we are' that leads to the answers to who, when, where, why and how we are Within its embrace lay the rational for our different perceptions of Realty.
It is in the realization that we are the essence of The Singularity, and that essence is pure, infinite and unbound consciousness, that we find the answer to "What is Reality."

All roads lead to The Singularity. The Singularity is the source of everything, and the source of all Truth. The Singularity is literally and figuratively  "All There Is." The Singularity is Infinite and Unbound Consciousness.
It is in comprehending this one Truth: All is Consciousness, that tells us we, and all we perceive, and all of Reality, is a manifestation of consciousness and cannot be separated from the Consciousness of The Singularity.
Once we grasp the significance that there is only The Singularity, and all else is &#8216;woven' from its essence, and that every "I" in the "We" of Multiplicity is the essence and consciousness of The Singularity, we can understand what "Reality" really is.
There is only The Singularity. After that, there are only Choices in perceptions. After that, Reality is what you choose to Believe it is.

Reality is not what you consciously wish to believe. Reality is what you subconsciously really believe. To change Reality, we must change what we subconsciously really believe.

Poly-Solipsism tells us all truth is "personal perceptions," and all truth is only our own personal perceptions of truth seen from our own universe.
We exist as pure infinite and unbound consciousness, after that, all else is personal perceptions and personal beliefs.

cckeiser

• Juror
  • The Observer
« Odpowiedź #86 dnia: Stycznia 13, 2005, 04:31:00 am »
"Of philosophy I will say nothing, except that when I saw that it had been cultivated for many ages by the most distinguished men, and that yet there is not a single matter within its sphere which is not still in dispute, and nothing, therefore, which is above doubt, I did not presume to anticipate that my success would be greater in it than that of others; and further, when I considered the number of conflicting opinions touching a single matter that may be upheld by learned men, while there can be but one true, I reckoned as well-nigh false all that was only probable."
Rene Descartes ( Discourse on Method :1637)

The failure of Rene Descartes is in believing "...there can be but one true..."
Poly-Solipsism tells us they are all true. They are each true to the mind and universe of those who perceive and believe they are true.
Once we attempt to go beyond the Consciousness of The Singularity, everything becomes a matter of personal belief, personal perceptions; personal philosophy.
We are infinite and unbound Consciousness. After that, all else is Philosophy.

Every mind searches for its own Truth.
Once we attempt to define or describe anything beyond The Singularity, we do so through the lens of our own personal universe. We can only describe the truth that exists in our personal universe. We cannot describe the truth that may exist in any other universe.
Every Philosophy is just one persons description of their own personal universe. They are describing what they see through the hazy lens of their own creation.
We use our storehouse of accumulated knowledge to fashion the lens we are now looking through. What we see as true is only what we have created from that information.
And once our lens is fashioned, we all believe the truth we perceive, but we only perceive the truth we believe.
The lens we create filters out any truth that does not reinforce its own truth. We become blind to any truth that does not fit through our own lens.
For more information on how minds entangle to create our shared Reality Please see:
"Reality the Last Frontier."
www.newfrontier.com/asheville/reality.htm

TWM CONSCIOUSNESS AND QUANTUM REALITY  
http://twm.co.nz/herbert.htm

and also:
http://www.science-spirit.org/articles/articledetail.cfm?article_id=283

From Science to God
The EDGE Interview with Peter Russell
www.edgenews.com/issues/2002/02/russell.html

« Ostatnia zmiana: Stycznia 13, 2005, 04:42:00 am wysłana przez cckeiser »

cckeiser

• Juror
  • The Observer
« Odpowiedź #87 dnia: Stycznia 13, 2005, 05:00:03 am »
A few more links to help you on your way! 'O)

The Self-Aware Universe
http://twm.co.nz/goswam1.htm#discoveries

Quantum Theory and Consciousness
http://faculty.virginia.edu/consciousness/

Science, Matter, and Consciousness
http://www.swcp.com/~hswift/swc/Essays/Scisprt.html

The Global Consciousness Project
http://noosphere.princeton.edu/

Quantum Reality
http://userweb.nni.com/keiser/QR.html

Some Personal Thoughts on Meaning, Truth and Perfection by Dr.Tim Duerden
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~duerden/meaning.htm

Here is the link to the Discovery Index of past articles.
You will have to search for Vol. 23 No. 6 (June 2002) to read "http://www.discover.com
John Wheeler's "Does the Universe Exist if We're Not Looking?

I AM NOT Alone!

Captain Quantum! a.k.a. Dr. Fred Alan Wolf
http://www.fredalanwolf.com/page5.htm

Reality, Belief and The Mind by Gene Zimmer
http://www.sntp.net/essay1_3.htm
« Ostatnia zmiana: Stycznia 13, 2005, 05:48:04 am wysłana przez cckeiser »

wetal

• Juror
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Odpowiedź #88 dnia: Stycznia 31, 2005, 02:51:45 pm »
Oh meine Freunde leider hab ich keine Zeit. WIR ALLE HABEN KEINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #89 dnia: Stycznia 31, 2005, 03:17:49 pm »
I dont speak German, but I believe wetal doesn't have time to read it all... no wonder. Me either.  ::)