Autor Wątek: "There are no answers. There are only Choices  (Przeczytany 135925 razy)

cckeiser

• Juror
  • The Observer
Re: "There are no answers. There are only Cho
« Odpowiedź #45 dnia: Grudnia 22, 2004, 11:40:42 pm »
Ok, I'm off this topic forever...

I am sorry to hear this Terminus, but I cannot help wondering how Mr. Lem would react to this same information?
But I do respect your decision, after all, if you cannot swim you are safest staying in the shallow end of the pool.
We exist. All else is Philosophy.

There are no answers. There are only Choices!

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #46 dnia: Grudnia 23, 2004, 03:03:58 am »

You wanna say there is something more?

To whom do You adress this?

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #47 dnia: Grudnia 23, 2004, 03:18:16 am »

I am sorry to hear this Terminus, but I cannot help wondering how Mr. Lem would react to this same information?

To what information? That I don't wanna talk about Your metaphisical theory?  Or that he's a part of a Singularity?
But I do respect your decision, after all, if you cannot swim you are safest staying in the shallow end of the pool.

First, staying safe is not my way.
Second, I pretty much enjoy swimming.
Third, I'm even into diving. But it all depends on what water you're jumpin' into.

Nevertheless, I must say I'm deeply impressed. You claim that since your're not nothing, that something exists, and hence something must have always existed, since it is impossible for 'something' to emerge from 'nothing'.
It is quite a  theory. And I must congratulate You - You've solved the mysterious question of whether is universe eternal, or did it have a beggining. In just one line of text.
« Ostatnia zmiana: Grudnia 23, 2004, 03:19:13 am wysłana przez Terminus »

cckeiser

• Juror
  • The Observer
« Odpowiedź #48 dnia: Grudnia 23, 2004, 08:08:12 pm »

To what information? That I don't wanna talk about Your metaphisical theory?  Or that he's a part of a Singularity?

First, staying safe is not my way.
Second, I pretty much enjoy swimming.
Third, I'm even into diving. But it all depends on what water you're jumpin' into.

Nevertheless, I must say I'm deeply impressed. You claim that since your're not nothing, that something exists, and hence something must have always existed, since it is impossible for 'something' to emerge from 'nothing'.
It is quite a  theory. And I must congratulate You - You've solved the mysterious question of whether is universe eternal, or did it have a beggining. In just one line of text.

Thank you Terminus, what can I tell you, it is a gift! ;D
It is good to have you back!  :)

The reason I posted The Singularity here is, like I said before, from my pov, the "object" Solaris looks to me to be the same idea as The Singularity.

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #49 dnia: Grudnia 24, 2004, 04:22:57 am »
Provocateur...

cckeiser

• Juror
  • The Observer
« Odpowiedź #50 dnia: Grudnia 25, 2004, 01:09:44 am »
Provocateur...

Aah man, you caught me!  ;)

wetal

• Juror
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Odpowiedź #51 dnia: Grudnia 27, 2004, 01:22:16 pm »
A question : Is it possible to create such a power station that could produce posetive emotions? I`m looking for them. Have you seen any?

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #52 dnia: Grudnia 27, 2004, 04:20:33 pm »
Ahihi, that's pretty funny.

Well, I think you need a TV with a DVD player, playing Monty Python's gags on & on 'forever' :]

Karel

• Juror
« Odpowiedź #53 dnia: Grudnia 27, 2004, 05:22:02 pm »
Well, I think you need a TV with a DVD player, playing Monty Python's gags on & on 'forever' :]

Fully agreed!

And now for something completely different.

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #54 dnia: Grudnia 28, 2004, 04:50:41 am »
Staying in Python Realm, I'd like to say that this topic is like one big Silly Walk  :P

cckeiser

• Juror
  • The Observer
« Odpowiedź #55 dnia: Grudnia 28, 2004, 07:18:03 am »
I am not alone!

The Self-Aware Universe

http://twm.co.nz/goswam1.htm

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #56 dnia: Grudnia 29, 2004, 03:11:29 am »

Well definitly, I am little sorry to say that, but snorri already said on 25.10.2004 all that should be said in this topic. That you interpreted Sodenbergh's line to fit your context.
An d I personally think, that besides the fact that that line is present in Sodenberghs film Your philosophy doesn't coincide with Lem's in any, slightest way.

cckeiser

• Juror
  • The Observer
« Odpowiedź #57 dnia: Grudnia 29, 2004, 05:39:16 am »
Well definitly, I am little sorry to say that, but snorri already said on 25.10.2004 all that should be said in this topic. That you interpreted Sodenbergh's line to fit your context.
An d I personally think, that besides the fact that that line is present in Sodenberghs film Your philosophy doesn't coincide with Lem's in any, slightest way.

Yes, I agree, and I have said so before. Because I already had the concept of Poly-Solipsism running in my mind, I interpreted Solaris through that lens. I saw a different movie than most others. To me that one line held the key to what the whole story was about.
From my point of view Solaris was dramatizing Poly-Solipsism. There are just too many similarities to be a coincidence.

I understand you and snorri do not agree, but how do you know? You saw a different story than I did. You interpreted the story through your own lens, and therefore saw the story the way you wanted to see it.
Neither of you can speak for Stanislaw Lem. Only Lem can speak for Lem!

By the way, I can provide you with a dozen more links that support Poly-Solipsism if you're interested. Just go to the "links" page on my web site, or e-mail me!
« Ostatnia zmiana: Grudnia 29, 2004, 05:40:49 am wysłana przez cckeiser »

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #58 dnia: Grudnia 29, 2004, 08:08:46 pm »

Only Lem can speak for Lem!

!

The only way of knowing what he thinks is reading the books, or interviews he's given. I can't help it, but I don't much polisoliptism in them.

cckeiser

• Juror
  • The Observer
« Odpowiedź #59 dnia: Grudnia 30, 2004, 06:11:02 am »

I can't help it, but I don't ( see)much (poly-solipsism) in them.

Then may I suggest you read www.poly-solipsism.com; especially The Singularity again, and then read/watch Solaris again keeping them in mind.