Autor Wątek: "The Hunt" -> US television?  (Przeczytany 11698 razy)

innate

• Gość
"The Hunt" -> US television?
« dnia: Września 01, 2005, 05:12:25 am »
I just saw an article reporting that some people here in the US are trying to put together a TV series adapting famous science fiction stories.

It will probably not surprise any of you that the man given the task of adapting "The Hunt" is apparently best known for having directed "Conan the Barbarian".

Deckard

• Juror
  • God Member
Re: "The Hunt" -> US television?
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: Września 01, 2005, 09:40:06 am »
Well, John Milius has a lot of experience in scripting and film making. A knew his name mainly from Connan the Barbarian, but I've just querried google and found out that he was also a director of Farewell to the King - I saw it only once and really enjoyed it. He also contributed to many other great movies and TV shows. Actually I didn't know that he made one episode of The Twilight Zone - a TV series which I hold in a great esteem.

Hope The Hunt will be done well - we'll see.

CU
Deck

innate

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: Września 02, 2005, 07:26:28 am »
Oh!  Odd that they would have singled out Conan, then.

Deckard

• Juror
  • God Member
« Odpowiedź #3 dnia: Września 02, 2005, 09:42:01 am »
I think there's nothing odd in it. The same story goes with James Cameron for instance. When he makes a new movie you can usually see a description like this: "A movie by the director of Titanic". I find Titanic one of his worst movies, dispite of all awards this movie received.

CU
Deck

wetal

• Juror
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Odpowiedź #4 dnia: Września 02, 2005, 10:39:50 am »
Titanic ?  The movie`s too snotty, I was really happy to see DiCaprio deadly-frozen.If I were J.Cameron I would have frozen his girlfriend too .How cruel I am!

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #5 dnia: Września 02, 2005, 12:58:13 pm »
If I was  the scriptwriter of Titanic, I would spare the cheap dramatism, and make DiCaprio swim around to find some other piece of wood. He could make some provisional raft, and stay alive with the girl, instead of dying.

I don't fancy Titanic, anyways. On the other hand, I heartily recommend You one of the episodes of Futurama, titled A flight to remember, where we find our heroes taking part in the maiden voyage of a new intergalactic space cruiser named Titanic... Entire episode is a 20 minute-long parody of the original Titanic movie, much more enjoyable than the original.

That is, if You're older than 13, of course.

« Ostatnia zmiana: Września 02, 2005, 12:58:35 pm wysłana przez Terminus »

afebk

• Juror
  • YaBB Newbies
« Odpowiedź #6 dnia: Września 12, 2005, 05:03:43 am »
I never saw Titanic.

Please don't tell me that this is a SciFi Channel production.  They can ruin anything, no matter whom they hire to do it.  
Oh...I just checked your link and I see that it is indeed the dastardly SciFi Channel at it again.  I wish they would go back to playing re-runs of Star Trek for nine hours a day.