Autor Wątek: Test Pilota Pirksa  (Przeczytany 14637 razy)

Cornelius

• Juror
  • YaBB Newbies
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Test Pilota Pirksa
« dnia: Lutego 20, 2006, 09:40:58 pm »
Hi there,

Newbie calling from the Netherlands. Perhaps this is a  question that's been asked before, however I will give it a try:

I know that Test pilota Pirksa is available on DVD in Poland. I dimly recall having seen it on german television. I saw only the end of it, when Calder(name of the 'killing' robot in the dutch print) is removed by g-power and finally comes to his end. By then I realised what I was looking at.

Is there any subtitle on this DVD, like german or english?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,

Cornelius

Terminus

• Gość
Re: Test Pilota Pirksa
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: Lutego 21, 2006, 01:17:24 am »
Welcome.

I own the Polish DVD you mentioned. Unfortunately, there are no foreign subtitles. To be more acurate: there are none subs at all ::) .

Cornelius

• Juror
  • YaBB Newbies
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: Lutego 21, 2006, 10:08:46 am »
Hi Terminus,

Thank you for the answer. I was afraid there would be none. :'(
Is this DVD easy to collect? I once went to a Polish internetshop. The language was, of course, Polish. The only thing I understood was the name Pirx. Do you know if there is an internetshop where they do have an english section and where they sell this DVD? Is it expensive?

Thanks again,

Cornelius

Pekka

• Juror
  • YaBB Newbies
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Odpowiedź #3 dnia: Marca 31, 2006, 10:52:26 pm »
Welcome.

I own the Polish DVD you mentioned. Unfortunately, there are no foreign subtitles. To be more acurate: there are none subs at all ::) .

I have seen this in Finnish TV in the late 80´s, so Finnish subtitles exist (we don´t dub films here at all, always use subtitles) but probably that wouldn´t help you....

Pekka
:)
Pekka from Lahti

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #4 dnia: Marca 31, 2006, 11:50:00 pm »
You use subs in TV? Wow, I wanna go to Finland  8)

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #5 dnia: Marca 31, 2006, 11:58:17 pm »
Do you know if there is an internetshop where they do have an english section and where they sell this DVD? Is it expensive?

Well I checked for such shop but haven't found any. In Poland it costs 19 zloty, which equals to about 7$. Plus shipping, it would bite about 9-10$ off.

Pekka

• Juror
  • YaBB Newbies
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Odpowiedź #6 dnia: Kwietnia 01, 2006, 12:19:35 am »
You use subs in TV? Wow, I wanna go to Finland  8)

And in cinema...nothing dubbed. Perhaps because we have 2 official languages...at least people learn English ;-)

Pekka
Pekka from Lahti

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #7 dnia: Kwietnia 01, 2006, 12:21:56 am »
Well we use subs in cinema as well, but I've never seen them on TV. I guess it wouldn't work for us, because not everyone could read it from the screen - take some older people for instance, they cannot see the small letters. What then?

On the other hand, I know that in Germany literally everything is dubbed, so I guess it's still cool to live in Poland ::)
« Ostatnia zmiana: Kwietnia 01, 2006, 12:22:41 am wysłana przez Terminus »

Pekka

• Juror
  • YaBB Newbies
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Odpowiedź #8 dnia: Kwietnia 01, 2006, 01:26:12 am »
Well we use subs in cinema as well, but I've never seen them on TV. I guess it wouldn't work for us, because not everyone could read it from the screen - take some older people for instance, they cannot see the small letters. What then?

On the other hand, I know that in Germany literally everything is dubbed, so I guess it's still cool to live in Poland ::)

Well...nobody is complaining...perhaps most people are not aware about other possible solutions...when nothing is dubbed, you don´t think that anything else would be possible. If you cannot see the subtitles you just cannot. If I remember correctly it is alike in Sweden.

Pekka:-)
Pekka from Lahti

Metalist

• Juror
  • The Dude abides.
« Odpowiedź #9 dnia: Kwietnia 05, 2006, 07:44:18 am »
I've been looking for this movie on DVD in the US, but I cannot seem to find it. Can anybody direct me to a site that sells the DVD?

maziek

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
  • zamiast bajek ojciec mi Lema opowiadał...
« Odpowiedź #10 dnia: Maja 04, 2006, 10:55:30 pm »
Do you know if there is an internetshop where they do have an english section
hi, not exactly, but here:

http://www.gigant.pl/index.asp?sid=nwqomgumdguvbyiokfdyldiipiqbfd&r_url=/html/produkt.asp?p=fikvfyvyxcxfwefyitra||sid=

or here:
http://www.merlin.com.pl/frontend/towar/387012;jsessionid=4955960EFFB9796B7ACA34128B30797C

there is an english "help" on the page that will guide you throgh the process

« Ostatnia zmiana: Maja 04, 2006, 11:08:22 pm wysłana przez maziek »
Człowiek całe życie próbuje nie wychodzić na większego idiotę niż nim faktycznie jest - i przeważnie to mu się nie udaje (moje, z życia).

Metalist

• Juror
  • The Dude abides.
« Odpowiedź #11 dnia: Maja 05, 2006, 08:48:51 am »
Thanks a million, Maziek. Just ordered it from the second site. Is this film in Russian with Polish subtitles? Amazingly enough, with expedited delivery, the price still comes out to be around 16$ US.

maziek

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
  • zamiast bajek ojciec mi Lema opowiadał...
« Odpowiedź #12 dnia: Maja 05, 2006, 09:39:51 am »
Thanks a million
My pleasure, film and subtitles are - according to the site info - in polish.
« Ostatnia zmiana: Maja 05, 2006, 12:51:09 pm wysłana przez maziek »
Człowiek całe życie próbuje nie wychodzić na większego idiotę niż nim faktycznie jest - i przeważnie to mu się nie udaje (moje, z życia).