Autor Wątek: About the Moon  (Przeczytany 20450 razy)

Mieslaw

• Gość
About the Moon
« dnia: Stycznia 02, 2008, 04:02:27 pm »
I think that this might seem interesting for SF fans:
NASA Apollo Chronicles: The smell of moondust

This is an article from NASA webpage, and in my opinion it's worth reading. If you want, you can also download it as an MP3. I also advice seeing other articles from the "Apollo Chronicles" series, but I can't find any list of them - you have to do some searching.

Apart from that - this is the first topic I start on the entire forum. After writing 600 posts .  :)

Q

• Gość
Re: About the Moon
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: Stycznia 02, 2008, 04:45:17 pm »
moondust

Ah, moondust... :) Do you remember "A Fall of Moondust" by Arthur C Clarke and "The Rocket Man" by Ray Bradbury (spacedust on his uniform)?

This is an article from NASA webpage, and in my opinion it's worth reading.

In my humble opinion too  ;). It's very interesting.
« Ostatnia zmiana: Stycznia 02, 2008, 04:54:31 pm wysłana przez Q »

wetal

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: Stycznia 18, 2008, 10:13:47 am »
NASA is an ortganization for upwashing the money.They didn`t manage to fly to the moon .Sometimes I think they don`t send exploring satellites to other planets and show movies they make somewhere in 20 Century Fox.......

Mieslaw

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #3 dnia: Stycznia 19, 2008, 09:06:06 pm »
NASA is an ortganization for upwashing the money.They didn`t manage to fly to the moon .Sometimes I think they don`t send exploring satellites to other planets and show movies they make somewhere in 20 Century Fox.......

Well, that's a thing we could discuss for hours and none of us would convince the other  :). However, I do believe they did land on the Moon.

In the polish section somebody quoted J.L. Borges: Most people aren't interested in underworld, but they believe in it. I don't believe, but I am interested in it. (of course this version may differ a lot from the original, because I translated it from polish). In this particular case, I could say that I don't believe in conspiracy theories, but I am interested in them  ;).

wetal

• Juror
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Odpowiedź #4 dnia: Stycznia 12, 2009, 12:29:32 am »
He nobody will fly to Mars to check for some exploration equipment that was sent before.In case with Moon it is easier to make fakes.

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #5 dnia: Stycznia 20, 2009, 11:30:04 am »
So like... we're supposed to wait 'till ESA or some other non-American agency will find remains of Apollos on the Moon, and then believe?
Kewl, I guess the Chinese will be there first :)
Oh no, it'll be the Americans... again.

Miesław

• Juror
  • God Member
« Odpowiedź #6 dnia: Stycznia 20, 2009, 05:46:43 pm »
Oh no, it'll be the Americans... again.
Will they be supposed to say "It's a giant leap backwards for a mankind"  ;D ? After the first landing (which I consider as real as I said) everybody expected things to happen faster.

Apart from that, one mission left on the Moon some mirrors which can deflect laser beams sent from a laboratory on Earth, you can read NASA article The most important thing Armstrong left on the Moon.
« Ostatnia zmiana: Stycznia 20, 2009, 05:58:32 pm wysłana przez Miesław »

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #7 dnia: Stycznia 22, 2009, 11:25:38 am »
Great article, thanks!
Those lasers are really convincing argument for NASA-nonbelievers. Mainly because any observatory might check it. Even in Russia, since they use Lunokhod.

As for tourists of the moon, I sincerely advice you to watch an episode of "Futurama" series, namely Episode 2, Season 1 :" The series has landed". Exactly the topic of tourists finding the original Moon landing site is picked up there.

Zlatan

• Juror
  • Immanuel can't - Djenghis can
« Odpowiedź #8 dnia: Lutego 05, 2009, 10:58:17 pm »
Hello, nice to land on this site again after so long (too long) time!
But since I am here at last, I will try to make it entertaining  ;)

They didn`t manage to fly to the moon .Sometimes I think they don`t send exploring satellites to other planets and show movies they make somewhere in 20 Century Fox...

I am backing Wetal wholeheartedly. I believe too, that when something cannot be checked personally, it means it does not exist. It is reasonable and cautious way of thinking. Let us take Wetal for instance. I have never seen him, never met him, never heard of him until today. Why should I believe he exists? Because he is writing to Solaris forum? How can I know it is him and not someone else using the same nick? It could be an alien or a japanese robot. Or rather not - I have neither met an alien or a japanese robot. So, who is writing under the cryptonime "Wetal"? Great mystery. The same problem with Terminus, Miesław and other writers on this forum.
To extend this reasoning further: Of course nobody has ever landed on the Moon. What is even worse the so called astronomers (perhaps not existing at all) try to hide the Truth from us. And the Truth is that the Earth is flat with the Sun, planets and the Moon all of them orbiting it. The stars are just holes in the firmament, flies originate in rotten flesh (which can be easily seen by everybody) and women are less intelligent than men (which every man can check out for himself).
By the way, try to look at the Moon with binocular. Isn't it made of cheese? (the Moon - not the binocular).

All that is simple, logical and convincing. But for them still in doubt I have one more proof:
I do not know how many people I have seen or met during my life. But let us say they were about 100.000. The entire population of the Earth is said to be around 6 billions. It means that I can confirm existence of less than 0.0001 of this population. But if it works the other way round - my existence can be confirmed by less than 0.0001 of all potential witnesses.
Does it mean that I exist with probability less than 0.0001?
Nonsense. It proves that there are exactly as many people on Earth as I have seen. And since almost all of them have seen me, I exist with probability very close to 1.

Greetings

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #9 dnia: Lutego 07, 2009, 01:14:44 am »
Hey, that is serious piece o reason you've shown here.
Just one flaw - Wetal cannot be a Japanese bot. Why? Simply because Japan doesn't exist!

Zlatan

• Juror
  • Immanuel can't - Djenghis can
« Odpowiedź #10 dnia: Lutego 07, 2009, 08:37:30 pm »
Damn it! How could I miss it?! :-[

Miesław

• Juror
  • God Member
« Odpowiedź #11 dnia: Marca 19, 2009, 06:56:33 pm »
"The Googling" part II: Two young men find pictures of the Apollo moon landings perhaps they shouldn't see (YouTube).

Hilarious.

wetal

• Juror
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Odpowiedź #12 dnia: Marca 23, 2009, 04:28:00 am »
Best regards from Japanese bot, though I`m more likely to be a Ukrainian one (Zlatan is right in a way, there`s really something Japanese in my appearance especially on Monday morning).To my mind even Mr. Lem didn`t believe entirely those guys from NASA(though not in case with the Moon)- Futurological Congress is a proof .I am a sceptic and don`t believe in fables and I have the right to doubt and annoy the dudes like you.
Simply because Japan doesn't exist!
- happy to find the "allies".Et tu autem Brute!
« Ostatnia zmiana: Sierpnia 23, 2009, 10:04:52 am wysłana przez wetal »

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #13 dnia: Października 16, 2009, 09:40:21 pm »
Due to some bot endangerment I'm hereby closing this topic.