Autor Wątek: possible futures  (Przeczytany 46147 razy)

wetal

• Gość
Re: possible futures
« Odpowiedź #75 dnia: Grudnia 17, 2005, 01:00:23 pm »
Does it mean that Americans grow dumber trying to build democracy in the East , making the people who cannot read `n write vote for a man whose name they are unable to read and who consequently will pump the Iraq oil somewhre beyond the borders of the country.
 Why I know about Amerca why should I care `bout it when the Ukrainian agriculture and  industry are completely destroyed and sold out?
 I`m a citizen of banana republic which bananas nobody is going to buy through radioactivity.THE ONLY THING REMAINED IT IS YUZHMASH which produces ENGINES FOR RUSSIAN SPACE SHIPS>

innate

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #76 dnia: Grudnia 17, 2005, 07:41:51 pm »
where the knowledge ends religions and beliefs appear.

Yes indeed. People in speculative fields have to remain always vigilant against unwarranted faith engendering something cultlike.

Not making anything: If trade is seriously disrupted, we will all be seriously screwed. We don't even assemble things. We just buy things using credit cards. When the limits on credit cards run out, we get home equity loans so that the banks can take our houses if we don't pay back the loans.

You still can't grow crops safely in much of the Ukrainian soil? Dude, that's terrifying. We humans don't really need that many electronic or plastic things, but we need bread.

cckeiser

• Juror
  • The Observer
« Odpowiedź #77 dnia: Grudnia 19, 2005, 05:26:38 am »
...I want to stress the mere fact that where the knowledge ends religions and beliefs appear.This strikes me deeply `cause in Ukraine there exist Catholic ,Orthodox and Satanistic churches and all possible sects.

From my perspective all beliefs are simply information, and I include the belief in science here as well. Why should we fear information? The more diversity there is, the more choices we have.
In my opinion most of the problems in our world have come from the attempts to eradicate information and limit our choices.
Because we disagree with the information offered by another philosophy we attempt to discredit it, limit its exposure, or eradicated it from existence.

All Information is Knowledge. Even if it is something we do not agree with.
As long as we are free to choose what we wish to believe, why should we be afraid of what others believe?

We exist. All else is Philosophy.

There are no answers. There are only Choices!

innate

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #78 dnia: Grudnia 19, 2005, 09:17:18 am »

all beliefs are simply information

This is nonsense.

wetal

• Juror
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Odpowiedź #79 dnia: Grudnia 19, 2005, 02:49:29 pm »
Let`s be more optimistic and believe in people and knowledge<I mean science>,the pain may not last forever ,the relief comes anyway it can be either recovery or death.

def

• Juror
  • YaBB Newbies
« Odpowiedź #80 dnia: Grudnia 19, 2005, 07:47:47 pm »

From my perspective all beliefs are simply information, and I include the belief in science here as well. Why should we fear information? The more diversity there is, the more choices we have.
In my opinion most of the problems in our world have come from the attempts to eradicate information and limit our choices.

I say
Because we disagree with the information offered by another philosophy we attempt to discredit it, limit its exposure, or eradicated it from existence.

All Information is Knowledge. Even if it is something we do not agree with.
As long as we are free to choose what we wish to believe, why should we be afraid of what others believe?

I take all beliefs into account and take the points of this which I believe to be true. This mean I have a wide range of beliefs

innate

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #81 dnia: Grudnia 23, 2005, 04:25:58 am »
Somebody in the Netherlands has a big collection of end-of-world scenarios. I thought it was kind of amusing, but of course YMMV.

cckeiser

• Juror
  • The Observer
« Odpowiedź #82 dnia: Grudnia 23, 2005, 08:24:14 am »

I take all beliefs into account and take the points of this which I believe to be true. This mean I have a wide range of beliefs

Greetings def

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry I have not replied sooner, I really didn't want to leave your post just hanging here, but I had other matters to attend to.

Yes, I too take everything into account and then arrange them according to my own beliefs. I believe just about everyone does pretty much the same.

I actually wrote you a much longer reply, but I am feeling guilty enough about taking this possible futures thread off topic, I decided against posting it.
You are welcome to e-mail me if you wish.

As for possible futures, I am wondering if we will ever travel to another star system?
The huge expenditure required to do so is so prohibiting, I don't think it will ever be attempted.

I cannot imagine any compelling reason to do so.

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #83 dnia: Grudnia 24, 2005, 04:03:40 am »
Apart from reading our beloved Chuckie's messing with-the-head statements ::) I'd like to write something concerning this thread's title.

So: Recently, Stanislaw Lem gave an interview for our local polish weekly "Przeglad" ("Survey"), where he outlined his expectations for humanity. And basically he said that he expects us to head towards nuclear conflict sooner or later. He gave a brief example of Teheran arming against Israel by buing a mid- and short- range ballistic missiles from Russians, and said that the overall situation of the world, which is kinda poor, is mostly the consequence of American President's doing.
As for Bush, Lem said, that along with all Bush'es characteristic comes one major feature: the guy is simply stupid. And "even is some Arab commando knocked Bush out", there's no hope for succesor, for Dick Cheney is not really wiser ::) That is why the political situation of the world is quite unstable.

All the above are just quotations (not word-by-word translated, for I write what I remember...)

That's it for me. Merry Xmas.
« Ostatnia zmiana: Grudnia 24, 2005, 04:04:45 am wysłana przez Terminus »

innate

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #84 dnia: Grudnia 24, 2005, 06:54:21 am »
nuclear conflict: What do you bet, one conflict that escalates until we practically sterilize the landmasses, or will we fry a chunk of the Earth every decade?

I wish the dolphins good luck! (Not really. I suspect that 'civilization' is something which only befalls terrestrial creatures. To the ants, then!)
« Ostatnia zmiana: Grudnia 24, 2005, 06:59:58 am wysłana przez innate »

cckeiser

• Juror
  • The Observer
« Odpowiedź #85 dnia: Grudnia 25, 2005, 01:44:10 am »
Apart from reading our beloved Chuckie's messing with-the-head statements ::) I'd like to write something concerning this thread's title.

So: Recently, Stanislaw Lem gave an interview for our local polish weekly "Przeglad" ("Survey"), where he outlined his expectations for humanity. And basically he said that he expects us to head towards nuclear conflict sooner or later. He gave a brief example of Teheran arming against Israel by buing a mid- and short- range ballistic missiles from Russians, and said that the overall situation of the world, which is kinda poor, is mostly the consequence of American President's doing.
As for Bush, Lem said, that along with all Bush'es characteristic comes one major feature: the guy is simply stupid. And "even is some Arab commando knocked Bush out", there's no hope for succesor, for Dick Cheney is not really wiser ::) That is why the political situation of the world is quite unstable.

All the above are just quotations (not word-by-word translated, for I write what I remember...)

That's it for me. Merry Xmas.

Yeah, and 50% of the USA agree with Lem.

"Stop the planet! I want to get off!"

cckeiser

• Juror
  • The Observer
« Odpowiedź #86 dnia: Grudnia 25, 2005, 03:16:18 am »
...when the Ukrainian agriculture and  industry are completely destroyed and sold out?
  I`m a citizen of banana republic which bananas nobody is going to buy through radioactivity.THE ONLY THING REMAINED IT IS YUZHMASH which produces ENGINES FOR RUSSIAN SPACE SHIPS>

Dear wetal

If you cannot sell the bananas, sell the dirt.

Chornobyl' is a big part of history, and I bet there are millions across the globe who would love to own a little piece of that history. I for one would love to have a small vial of radioactive Ukrainian dirt from Chornobyl. All you need is a picture of the plant on a letter of authentication ( maybe with the coordinates where the sample was taken), and a few grams of dirt taken from as close to Chornobyl' as you can get. Seal the dirt in vials and sell them on e-bay.
It would be nice if the samples were actually radioactive though, even if just mildly radioactive, so you may have to get pretty close.

It may even be interesting to sell larger quantities of Chornobyl' soil just for the curious to plant things in to see what comes up! The United States is filled with curious people!

Yeah, I know Terminus, I left the door wide open with that last statement!  :D

wetal

• Juror
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Odpowiedź #87 dnia: Grudnia 26, 2005, 11:27:05 am »
Yes,tourism is a solution.People enjoy watching some ruins.Egyptian pyramids is a prove.
As  I know there exist some tours  to Chornobyul for inquisitive foreigners.And does it matter if radioactivity harms your health?

daffodil2006

• Juror
  • YaBB Newbies
  • Precious and fragile things need special handeling
« Odpowiedź #88 dnia: Marca 28, 2006, 08:38:14 pm »
I'll write more later. The only thing I know for sure that we'll have the single language and religion sometimes. It must unite us.
Precious and fragile things
Need special handeling