English > Forum in English

Gretting from georgia

<< < (2/4) > >>

georgian:
 i try next time :) what is lem's best book your mind? Without magellan nebula

Terminus:
Oh well, that's a HAAAARD question:) I'll tell you this way: my own personal favourite is Fiasco (Polish: "Fiasko"), but this book is not very popular. BUT I don't think it is the BEST of Lem's book objectively. I know Lem himself always said that his own favourite, and the one he considered his best, was Cyberiad ("Cyberiada"), or maybe Solaris.

Cyberiad is indeed a work of genius - it is imaginative, and VERY FUNNY. So if you like funny books, read it. Solaris on the other hand, is very serious - phylosophically deep, emotional. It's not an easy book. Fiasco is actually sad:)

Of course there are also very popular Tales of Pirx the Pilot which are entertaining, quite serious, and have romantical sense of adventure.

But if I had to tell you only ONE book of Lem, I would definitely say Solaris or Cyberiad.

Regards!

georgian:
Thank you for answer :) i hope i will find lem's other books...

Terminus:
I would gladly send you some if they're hard to find; we have billions of old Lem's books here they're almost laying on the streets:) But they're all in Polish!
I can't imagine how Lem's book would even look like in Georgian. You have this beatufil letters, like საქართველო, they're just great.

Nicolai:
I envy you georgian. I wish I'd encountered the imaginative worlds of Lem earlier in life.

--- Cytat: Terminus w Maja 21, 2011, 11:27:57 am ---... we have billions of old Lem's books here they're almost laying on the streets:)
--- Koniec cytatu ---
Ha, are any of them signed? ;)

Nawigacja

[0] Indeks wiadomości

[#] Następna strona

[*] Poprzednia strona

Idź do wersji pełnej