Autor Wątek: My Interview With Stanislaw Lem  (Przeczytany 25722 razy)

Luca

• Juror
  • Odi profanum vulgus et arceo.
Re: My Interview With Stanislaw Lem
« Odpowiedź #15 dnia: Maja 11, 2005, 05:52:10 pm »
      I got one question - has anyone noticed that Lem`s answer on:

What is your opinion about Internet? Is Internet a new revolution in human life?

Is precisely identical to one of his statements included in "Tako rzecze Lem", chapter on "Summa technologiae" (if my memory is correct)? I don`t know whether this book has any international editions, so my question would be rather addressed to the polish part of the forum, I suppose...
    I mention my doubts here, because I read yesterday fragments of that book and I`m pretty mind-boggled with the similarities of these two texts:-? I don`t think that it would have any special meaning, whether my speculations are correct or not, but it would be interesting to now if Lem has such "standard answers" - implicitly to get on with the avalanche of interviews and people expecting his opinions...
    Am I wrong? Could anyone check this? I don`t possess the book so I can`t do that by myself...

skrzat

• YaBB Administrator
Re: My Interview With Stanislaw Lem
« Odpowiedź #16 dnia: Maja 12, 2005, 03:30:40 pm »
     I got one question - has anyone noticed that Lem`s answer on:

What is your opinion about Internet? Is Internet a new revolution in human life?

Is precisely identical to one of his statements included in "Tako rzecze Lem", chapter on "Summa technologiae" (if my memory is correct)? ...

It is true. Sometimes Lem's answers to the typical question are based on the last edition of this book. It is a kind of Bible, where he presented his basic opinions.  8)