Autor Wątek: Art And Science of Stanislaw Lem by Peter Swirski  (Przeczytany 10774 razy)

Ritch

• Juror
  • YaBB Newbies
  • La raíz del mal es el culto al becerro de oro
Art And Science of Stanislaw Lem by Peter Swirski
« dnia: Stycznia 25, 2007, 11:48:42 pm »
New book about Stanislaw Lem.

Art And Science of Stanislaw Lem by Peter Swirski

I saw it in Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0773530460/ref%3dnosim/librarythin08-20%5B/b%5D

Anybody have it?

(Just a bit expensive for me... List Price:        $70.00 :(  )

-----------

From Amazon:

Editorial Reviews
Book Description
The Polish science fiction writer Stanislaw Lem, whose works include Return from the Stars, The Cyberiad, A Perfect Vacuum, and Solaris, has been hailed as a "literary Einstein" and a science-fiction Bach. The Art and Science of Stanislaw Lem offers an inter-disciplinary analysis of his influence on Western culture and the creative partnering of art and science in his fiction and futorology by American and European scholars who have defined Lem scholarship. Rather than analyzing Lem solely as a science fiction writer, the contributors examine the larger themes in his work, such as social engineering and human violence, agency and consciousness, Freudianism and the creative process, evolution and the philosophy of the future, virtual reality and epistemological illusion, and science fiction and socio-cultural policy. This unique collection also includes "Smart Robots," a previously unpublished essay by Lem. Contributors include Peter Butko (Southern Mississippi), Istvan Csicsery-Ronay Jr (DePauw), Katherine Hayles (California at Los Angeles), Jerzy Jarzebski (Jagiellonian, University Cracow), Michael Kandel (Modern Language Association), Stanislaw Lem, Paisley Livingston (Lingnan University, Hong Kong), Krzysztof Loska (Jagiellonian University), and Peter Swirski (Hong Kong).

About the Author
Peter Swirski is associate professor, American literature, and director, American studies, Hong Kong University. He is the author of A Stanislaw Lem Reader and From Lowbrow to Nobrow.
Product Details

* Hardcover: 197 pages
    * Publisher: McGill-Queen's University Press (October 30, 2006)
    * Language: English
    * ISBN-10: 0773530460
    * ISBN-13: 978-0773530461
    * Product Dimensions: 0.5 x 6.2 x 9 inches
    * Shipping Weight: 14.40 ounces
« Ostatnia zmiana: Stycznia 25, 2007, 11:54:06 pm wysłana przez Ritch »

hitmouse

• Juror
  • YaBB Newbies
  • I Love YaBB 2!
Re: Art And Science of Stanislaw Lem by Peter Swir
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: Kwietnia 24, 2007, 10:05:46 am »
I'm waiting for it to be remaindered.

Bookfinder.com lists Amazon.ca (Canada) is the cheapest place to source it currently