Autor Wątek: "There are no answers. There are only Choices  (Przeczytany 138825 razy)

innate

• Gość
"SEVEN!" replied the machine.
« Odpowiedź #165 dnia: Września 26, 2005, 05:38:42 am »
And now what's two and two?
"SEVEN!" replied the machine.

That one [exchange] in [Trurl's Machine] stopped my (sic) cold, and convinced me I was not [reading] a Sci-Fi, but a deep philosophical work of art.
I need to know if that statement is part of Mr. Lem's philosophy, or just a line used in the [book]?
Those words are the summation of my own philoosophy (sic); [Four-Sevenism].

"Seven, yes, seven, we always knew it was seven!"

Terminus

• Gość
Re: "There are no answers. There are only Cho
« Odpowiedź #166 dnia: Września 26, 2005, 10:17:27 pm »
Bzzzz! BzzzRRR!

--
THAT DOESN'T COMPUTE!

Fatal exception discovered in the module psolic.rubbish();  at 0f3444.

Don't restart the system.

wetal

• Juror
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Odpowiedź #167 dnia: Października 10, 2005, 03:51:54 pm »
Well someone has mentioned Trurl`s computing machine.There was a story in Cyberiad where trurl was introduced as a creator of the most useless thinking macines.
  And what about ELEKTRIBALT or SCHASPOBUT/ Electric talker and a Unit which was always surprised/.
  In the example with silly machine Mr. Lem wanted to describe a fool - a person who thinks he is right unlooking what the arguments are.
  Illogical can not be a philosophical conception.
  If you see the mistake,say , tell about it , try to reason why you think so, reason the examples.

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #168 dnia: Października 10, 2005, 07:38:13 pm »
Are you trying to encourage me to discussion with C.C.Kaiser? It's not possible anymore, since I've proven the discrepant nature of His theory. Why bother than.  

wetal

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #169 dnia: Listopada 03, 2005, 01:31:40 pm »
   Maybe,though I didn`t think about encouraging of the discussion.Just sometimes new ideas appear but to place it in another topic is unnecessary.
   You see that all the time we explain something but that but that doesn`t mean that this explanation will be constant. `Cause we change our views or mistaken,or just found another facts which lacked.

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #170 dnia: Stycznia 15, 2006, 02:16:30 am »
Rightie then, I'll go straight back to the discussion when Chuckie proves my proof to be wrong, using cold logic.

'Till then there's no point.

innate

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #171 dnia: Stycznia 15, 2006, 02:58:09 am »
So which story is it that has this always-surprised 'schaspobut' that wetal mentioned a few months ago?

wetal

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #172 dnia: Stycznia 23, 2006, 12:20:14 pm »
It is in "The Cyberiad" when Trurl wanted to make a happy creature.At first this Schaspobut was surprised and sighed about everything `cause he was stupid.  But when the constructor increased his intellect the machine started to criticise Trurl and as a matter of fact was disassembled for spare parts.

wetal

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #173 dnia: Stycznia 23, 2006, 12:24:50 pm »
Hold on ,I`ve just forgot to sum it up.Ignorance is a bliss. Do you agree with this saying?

innate

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #174 dnia: Stycznia 23, 2006, 05:00:02 pm »
Ahhh...I think that's "In Hot Pursuit of Happiness", which is not part of the English Cyberiad. It's only available in a collection of short stories by Eastern European authors, and therefore too hard to find.

Is ignorance bliss? I was going to say that it does help a person to accept a world filled with stupidity and malice, but then I remembered that general ignorance allows the populace here to be manipulated to stay perpetually angry and fearful.

wetal

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #175 dnia: Stycznia 24, 2006, 09:13:50 am »
 It is much easier to manipulate ignorant people for every government no matter how democratic it is.They resemble grass which waves to the side where the wind blows ,change their views rapidly to diametrally opposite ones without hesitation,blieve the words no matter how false tey are ,these  people are to lazy to check their ideas.
 Someone may consider he should help and eliminate the unliteracy-it is impossible `cause maximum he can do is to make somebody think his own way.There exists no truth but one you chose.