Autor Wątek: Films on Lem's books  (Przeczytany 16839 razy)

Carlos

• Juror
  • YaBB Newbies
  • From Montevideo
Films on Lem's books
« dnia: Lipca 17, 2004, 03:04:54 am »
Cinemateca Uruguaya has provided me the following information (sorry if certain titles of Lem's books are por translations of my spanish versions):

-Der Schweigende Stern [1959], german film upon "The astronauts"
- Proffesor Zazul [1962], polish TV film; episode from Tichy's voyages.
- Przekladaniek [1968], Wajda film for polish TV (can anybody identify the source Lem's text?)
- Ikaria-XBI [1968-71], czech film partially based upon Nebula Magallanica.
- Solaris [1971], the well known Tarkowsky masterpiece.
- Test Pilota Pirxa [1979], russian-polish production from Pirx adventures, directed by Marek Piestrak.
- Szpital przemienienia [1979], Edward Zebrowski film based upon Hospital de la transfiguración.
- Un si joli village [1978], frencho film, directed by Etienne Perier, upon The Investigation.
-Victim of brain (sorry about crude translation), dutch film, 1988, dir. Piet Hoenderos, aparently based upon Peace on earth.
- Marianengraben [1994], german film, dir. Achim Bornhak, screenplay by Lem & Mathias Dinter.

Best regards,

Carlos

Karel

• Juror
Re: Films on Lem's books
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: Lipca 19, 2004, 07:41:35 am »
Great post! Thank you. I have seen "Ikaria-XB I" many years ago,(and Solyaris, of course) but nothing more. Now I am going to watch all of theese
films!
« Ostatnia zmiana: Lipca 19, 2004, 09:37:18 am wysłana przez Karel »

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: Lipca 20, 2004, 01:27:43 am »
Everything here would be great to watch, but how do we find it... :(

Carlos

• Juror
  • YaBB Newbies
  • From Montevideo
« Odpowiedź #3 dnia: Lipca 20, 2004, 02:17:34 am »
Maybe at filmoteka@filmoteka.pl can tell you how to find the polish films and at your nearer cineclub organize a "Lem week".
"Marianengraben", dir. Achim Bornhak: you can write mail@abovetheline.de, agents of Bornhak; maybe he can send you a copy (it was a student work, Oscar nominated).
"First spaceship to Venus" (Der Schweigende Stern, upon Astronauts), dir. Kurt Maetzig, is available in DVD (look the web!).
French, czech and dutch films are hard to find, due to american film distributors blocking policies.

Good luck!

Karel

• Juror
« Odpowiedź #4 dnia: Lipca 20, 2004, 08:46:03 am »

negative_dragon

• Juror
  • YaBB Newbies
« Odpowiedź #5 dnia: Lipca 20, 2004, 09:56:48 am »
Hi Karel,

nice link, but ... this is the English forum, you see? Could someone shed some light on the list of films mentioned there? Thanks!

re. Ikrai: I watched this series on TV when I was a child in GDR TV. The problem is: These fantastic SF films were synchronized by GDR TV and the films now rest on some archive shelf. I don't know who the rights has to broadcast them. Maybe the regional stations MDR or RBB in Germany. But I don't have satellite nor cable TV.

re "Der schweigende Stern": I actually own the DVD (German soundtrack)). Surely, it's a high qualitiy production for the end of the 50s and the technical quality of the DVD is surprisingly good. The story is rather political and goes about peaceful cooperation between the East and the West, the aftermath of a nuclear war, and so on. Nevertheless worth watching for those who understand German. I also watched this when I was a teenage kid. We used to play Kosmokrator, after the name of the starship. There's also an US version ("First Spaceship on Venus") of that movie with an English soundtrack but the story is totally different. See: http://www.dvdtalk.com/dvdsavant/s138first.html or here: http://tesla.liketelevision.com/liketelevision/tuner.php?channel=1007&format=movie&theme=guide or do you own google search.
Kris ... walked straight across the shiny water surface to the far shore, towards his father's house.