Autor Wątek: Why?!  (Przeczytany 27389 razy)

Karel

• Gość
Re: Why?!
« Odpowiedź #15 dnia: Grudnia 16, 2004, 08:40:10 am »
...what about Tempe?

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #16 dnia: Grudnia 17, 2004, 01:46:32 am »
Naaaa.... I still say it was Tempe.
Wrote ,,Pirx" to satisfy nonbelievers  :D

(He will be missed too !)

SoGo

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #17 dnia: Grudnia 19, 2004, 02:22:24 pm »
Maybe we call him the "Pilot" to avoid misunderstandings by the names.

I say: It was a form of Contact in Fiasco
A very crude one, but it was.
In any else novell of Lem, two lifeforms, beared by their own evolution, get together.
Ok, we contacted with robots, but thats not the same, because we know their evolution.
There is one we do not understand.
Nowhere else Lem had let that happen.

So I think, that the "Pilot" had the change to analyze the Quintanian just with one look is a form of contact.

We can say that the Quintanian had naked white bodies.
So we know there aren't black huge stones.

Robert Konigsberg

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #18 dnia: Grudnia 26, 2005, 10:30:58 am »
But only Tempe was brought back to life aboard the starship.

I've read Fiasco twice, but I have been unable to understand which of the two pilots survied vitrification. Can someone be explicit in explaining how it's clear?

innate

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #19 dnia: Grudnia 26, 2005, 06:42:19 pm »
I, too, regarded Tempe as being Parvis, but only because it felt right to me. I don't remember there being any particular evidence one way or the other.

def

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #20 dnia: Grudnia 27, 2005, 02:12:22 am »
One of the greatest things about books is you imagine what the people look like. The better the description the more vivid image.So if you see a film which has been made based on the book it ruins all the image that you had of that person.

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #21 dnia: Grudnia 27, 2005, 02:35:47 am »
Hm, back to Pirx & Tempe matter, I still think that Pirx just wasn't brought out from the frosty state.

Miranda

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #22 dnia: Grudnia 29, 2005, 01:35:37 am »
I think I´ll have a look into Fiasco. Seems to have a puzzling end.

but why is it, fisch, you say, that only in Fiasco one of Lems characters sees an intelligent alien that created something? What about the Stardiaries or Eden?

Even though you are right that Lem avoids explanations of aliens. The concept of alien is difference beyond understanding. As soon as you know the alien he is no alien any more. OOOps, too bad, isn´t it? So, a fine brain like Lem, never attempts to fully describe the unknown in the alien.
And more than that: what are the chances of different lifeforms to communicate in compatible ways? small, I´d say.  

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #23 dnia: Grudnia 30, 2005, 01:11:51 am »
Well, I can understand omitting Star Diaries - those were just fun.

def

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #24 dnia: Grudnia 31, 2005, 03:22:36 am »
The ending of The futurlogical congress was comical. Ending up in the sewers all that had just happened being another hallucination.
« Ostatnia zmiana: Grudnia 31, 2005, 03:23:06 am wysłana przez def »

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #25 dnia: Grudnia 31, 2005, 12:50:07 pm »
Yeah, I admit it was sort of relieving for me, because if all that had really happened, I would have had hard time believing it was true.

def

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #26 dnia: Grudnia 31, 2005, 02:27:27 pm »
Yes especialy the ending were there are robots and he could see, before going backwards out the window. That's the bit which I was finding hard to believe before he ended up back in the sewer and it was all a halucination. Anyway moving on from this any other things worth mentioning about other Lem books.  
« Ostatnia zmiana: Stycznia 07, 2006, 02:30:47 am wysłana przez def »

def

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #27 dnia: Stycznia 07, 2006, 02:36:22 am »
Sorry for the double post, I just started reading star diaries, thanks for the recomendation Terminus. I was just wondering is the 26th voyage written, and if so it it possible to purchase it (in english)?

innate

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #28 dnia: Stycznia 07, 2006, 05:55:11 am »
I'm pretty sure that the 26th is not available in English. I think the only versions are Polish and German.

def

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #29 dnia: Stycznia 07, 2006, 10:00:01 pm »
That could be the next job for socrates. Although I'm sure he has many other things to do.
« Ostatnia zmiana: Stycznia 07, 2006, 10:51:33 pm wysłana przez def »