Autor Wątek: Solaris the game  (Przeczytany 9054 razy)

def

• Gość
Solaris the game
« dnia: Grudnia 27, 2005, 12:35:53 am »
Have any of you come accross Solaris the game for atari.

I thought that this gave the wrong impression of the book

But I would like to hear other peoples opinion on this game.
« Ostatnia zmiana: Stycznia 02, 2006, 08:01:54 pm wysłana przez def »

Rob

• Gość
Re: Solaris the game
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: Stycznia 02, 2006, 05:08:56 pm »
What makes you say this is a representation of the book?

def

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: Stycznia 02, 2006, 08:00:24 pm »
I suppose your right, there is nothing that says that the game is about the book, Although can't help thinking that it is based on the book, and even though came 10 years later was influenced by Tarkovsky's film version.

Solaris is a planet in the game, there is no storyline to the game. You control a spaceship and the main goal is getting this spaceship to the planet Solaris. I can't help but think this gives the image of simplicity to the book.

Miranda

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #3 dnia: Stycznia 06, 2006, 04:57:33 pm »
Maybe you´re to sensible in that respect. Well, let them not warship Solaris. Never mind! Far more people know the Tarkovsky movie than the book.
And anyway: I think it hard to create a game that comes close to that book, at least I know no really complicated games. Maybe to attempt something like that could be thought Lem-heresy, but a simple land-the-ship-on-Solaris-game sounds harmless to me....

Where can I find that atari-game to have a look at it? Anything on the web?

Miranda

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #4 dnia: Stycznia 06, 2006, 05:03:38 pm »
Well, man, I just found it on the planet-atari homepage. It´s a 1987 game!!! Shoot, shoot, shoot and be quick with it! I don´t think this has anything to do with the Solaris we talk about.