Autor Wątek: "Win a book autographed by Stanislaw Lem"  (Przeczytany 57131 razy)

Terminus

• Gość
Re: "Win a book autographed by Stanislaw Lem&
« Odpowiedź #15 dnia: Marca 22, 2005, 02:31:42 am »
Ok, I got the book, so here comes the scan, as I promised.

Hope You like it. As you can see, mr. Lem wrote "2002" instead of "2005" for some spooky reason... Maybe that last "2" is in fact a "5", but I just am not sure :)

cheers

Karel

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #16 dnia: Marca 22, 2005, 01:45:47 pm »
Thank you. (2002/2005-it is not important, it´s just a matter of time)  ;)

Angelika_Darksky

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #17 dnia: Marca 23, 2005, 05:37:44 pm »
Illuminati!  :o

No.. *g*

Cool to see it... man, you are lucky! Did I already say, I envy you?  ;D

wetal

• Juror
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Odpowiedź #18 dnia: Marca 24, 2005, 04:31:03 pm »
I don`t know but imagine that some day you`ll write a great number of interesting books and someone will ask you for your autograph.You will give it to encourage your reader for writing.Good luck.

Sternenfisch

• Juror
  • <@]-|-|-- BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN --|-|-[@>
« Odpowiedź #19 dnia: Kwietnia 08, 2005, 05:21:36 pm »
There's a wise men with us...

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #20 dnia: Kwietnia 12, 2005, 03:04:16 am »
Well... English speaking people don't know that, but in the Polish section a new quiz was started, winner of which can meet Lem in person. I myself am not anticipating this time. The meeting will take place in Poland, therefore, I guess, it has a local character and that's why it's only announced in the Polish section.

The task is to describe Lem's influence on one's mind/thoughts (meaning Lem's books' influence) in no more than 100 words.

Neat ::)

Cheers
« Ostatnia zmiana: Kwietnia 12, 2005, 03:04:30 am wysłana przez Terminus »

Sternenfisch

• Juror
  • <@]-|-|-- BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN --|-|-[@>
« Odpowiedź #21 dnia: Maja 05, 2005, 05:23:19 pm »
Well... English speaking people don't know that, but in the Polish section a new quiz was started, winner of which can meet Lem in person.

Would be interesting to meet him.
But I would be so nervous, that I surely would forget all
I want to ask him.
Just feeling so stupid beneath his Intellect.

Ritch

• Juror
  • YaBB Newbies
  • La raíz del mal es el culto al becerro de oro
« Odpowiedź #22 dnia: Maja 06, 2005, 07:16:51 pm »
I did not received the book yet  :'(

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #23 dnia: Maja 08, 2005, 01:51:19 am »
Really? You should ask our moderator, skrzat if the book was sent ! I bet it was, but You can always ask.

Ritch

• Juror
  • YaBB Newbies
« Odpowiedź #24 dnia: Maja 20, 2005, 06:16:01 pm »
The book arrives, finally!!  :D

I'm so grateful, and very very happy to have this wonderful book!! Such a treasure!!

Mr. Lem, Tomasz, W. Zemek, and all the staff, thank you very very much =)

ps
Anybody knows an good Internet course to learn to read polish?
« Ostatnia zmiana: Maja 20, 2005, 08:47:40 pm wysłana przez Ritch »

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #25 dnia: Maja 21, 2005, 12:24:29 am »
Wow, congratulations ! At last! I was just about to give up on Lem's management... But since You finally got it, it's green.

But wait, You wish to learn Polish? Did they give You the Polish edition of Summa? Heh, that's somewhat cruel... Well, I mean of course Polish is a wonderful language (how could I say different, being Polish) but it's extremely hard to learn... Who knows - maybe they're encouraging You !!

Unfortunatelly I'm not familiar with any Polish internet course:) Well... you should start from basics... naa... no such courses or books (for adults) in Poland.

Anyway - I'm happy for You:) Keep it tight
CheerZ

Ritch

• Juror
  • YaBB Newbies
« Odpowiedź #26 dnia: Maja 21, 2005, 01:03:28 am »
Well, in fact I asked the book in polish. I'm from México, and already have all his books traslated to spanish, and some others traslated to english (but not to spanish). So, why to ask another one in spanish?

Besides, there is no versión of Summa in spanish neither english. Since I dont read german or russian, I think the better option for this book is polish.

it's extremely hard to learn

Do you think? Well, few hours ago I checked the polish phonetics and it seem simpler than english.

Hey, wait a minute, I just read this in other site: The Polish language is, with good reason, said to be the most difficult language in the world.    :(
« Ostatnia zmiana: Maja 21, 2005, 01:04:49 am wysłana przez Ritch »

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #27 dnia: Maja 21, 2005, 01:48:44 am »
Well I didn't know Summa hasn't been translated into english... Hm...

As for Polish - just to cheer You up - reading in Polish is not as hard as speaking (that is mostly because we have, in our language's phonetics, some few 'suprises' - a lingual phones, that people from abroad can't even imagine :) some hissing ones, and so on...). That is, for example, why when the new Pope was chosen (Benedict XVI), when he prepared to speak his first words in Polish, his Polish cooperators re-arranged his speech into the form, where some of the most difficult phrases were ommited and replaced with easier ones. Of course I bet he would deal with it anyway :) but it is said he didn't want to take the risk at the very beginning of his pontificate :)
It is said that every nation has problems with different part of Polish phonetics :) As You can imagine, it makes us proud as hell !  
Nevertheless, I think reading will be somewhat easier than speaking. Well... it is anyway little difficult, because Polish is a slavonic language, whereas Spanish has completely different origins.

Anyway, I wish you good luck and cross my fingers for you. I can always help You to translate some sentence or word if you wish.

In the beginning You can find it amusing to translate a few Polish words to english. You can do it here . You just have to type the Polish world into the dialog box next to the word ,,Szukaj". Have fun.  

Angelika_Darksky

• Juror
  • YaBB Newbies
  • Words are weapons!
« Odpowiedź #28 dnia: Maja 21, 2005, 02:02:42 am »
Congratulations @Ritch! You are so lucky!  :o
And you've received one signed in  2005 *g*

I already have got summa technologiae (in german) an i believe it is Lem's most complicated book. So I don't know if it is a good idea to read it in polish...
But of course I understand your descision to learn polish! I will start next semester at my university and have my first course!  ::) All because of him... I would be proud to understand one of his original words...

(I also received a signed version of summa in 2003... but it was signed by my teacher of ethics (philosophy) as a present  ;) )
...Herzeleyd...

peskanov

• Juror
  • YaBB Newbies
  • Does randomness exist?
« Odpowiedź #29 dnia: Maja 21, 2005, 12:57:47 pm »
Congratulations Ricardo, you are a lucky man;
I can understand your wish to learn Polish just to read Lem's books. I thinked about learning German myself because nearly all Lem's works are translated and published in that language (specially Summa technologiae! :) ) Sadly I am quite bad learning languages, so I will have to buy the rest of the books available in English.
Lem himself learned English just to read "Star maker" from Olaf Stapledon (incredible book), with the book in one hand and the dictionary in the other. Although I guess you all already knew that. :)
int i, j = 0xdeadbeef;
    for (i=0;i<4000; i++)
        ((j = (j ^ ((j << 13) | ( j >> (32-13))))) & 1) ? printf (