Autor Wątek: metaphysics and sci-fi  (Przeczytany 19476 razy)

Deckert

• Gość
Re: metaphysics and sci-fi
« Odpowiedź #15 dnia: Stycznia 16, 2006, 04:11:22 pm »
Yes it can.
It all depends on how you define -god-.

Can you explain it to me?

CU
Deck

pagrab

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #16 dnia: Kwietnia 02, 2006, 04:27:25 am »
Terminus, I guess that you use the word "metaphysics" in a very loose sense. In philosophy the metaphysics is the most general theory of the world. For example: we may construe a theory where we have three kinds of basic entities: objects, properties and relations. This would be a common sense metaphysics. But we could say that there are only properties and then objects are constructed as the sets of properties and relations are constructed as the supersets of these sets. I don't see how this kind of work might be perceived as "an attempt to derive some religious outcomes from scientific facts"
« Ostatnia zmiana: Kwietnia 02, 2006, 04:28:35 am wysłana przez pagrab »

cckeiser

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #17 dnia: Kwietnia 02, 2006, 06:14:01 am »

Can you explain it to me?

CU
Deck

http://www.physicsmathforums.com/showthread.php?t=256

Metalist

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #18 dnia: Kwietnia 04, 2006, 05:37:56 am »
I found that webster has a pretty good definition of metaphysics:

Main Entry: meta·phys·ics
Pronunciation: -'fi-ziks
Function: noun plural but singular in construction
Etymology: Medieval Latin Metaphysica, title of Aristotle's treatise on the subject, from Greek (ta) meta (ta) physika, literally, the (works) after the physical (works); from its position in his collected works
1 a (1) : a division of philosophy that is concerned with the fundamental nature of reality and being and that includes ontology, cosmology, and often epistemology (2) : ONTOLOGY 2 b : abstract philosophical studies : a study of what is outside objective experience
2 : METAPHYSIC 2

wetal

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #19 dnia: Kwietnia 20, 2006, 01:56:17 pm »
 The prefix META means above or standing above.Now you are clever enough to translate the following words:METATHEORY,METALANGUAGE,METAPHISICS.
This way the word metaphisical you can translate as supernatural, and metaphisics as a studies about unexplainable.
Sci-fiction is not a study yet,but a genre of literature where people using scientific facts try to predict the future.