Autor Wątek: Lem in French  (Przeczytany 10348 razy)

afebk

• Gość
Lem in French
« dnia: Września 13, 2005, 06:34:51 am »
I know that the English version of Solaris was translated from a French version.   Was anything else translated into French?  

Amazon.fr has only German translations (?).  I found one copy of the French Solaris available in the UK, and a French version of Provocation at Powell's, but that is ALL.  If anyone knows of another  site for used sci-fi books in French, please let me know.

innate

• Gość
Re: Lem in French
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: Września 13, 2005, 06:53:17 am »
[Edit: dead link]
« Ostatnia zmiana: Stycznia 06, 2006, 06:08:26 pm wysłana przez innate »

innate

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: Września 13, 2005, 09:12:34 pm »
I'm not a heavy purchaser of foreign books, but I think Abebooks is supposed to be good. I went there, stuck in "Stanislas Lem", and out came 62 things. Shipping on those which are in Quebec might not be too horrible (written under the impression that you're in the US).

afebk

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #3 dnia: Września 14, 2005, 02:44:12 am »
Thanks...I ordered the Solaris from the UK, they had some other titles I wanted, too.
I usually use bookfinder4u, which also searches abebooks, but I just put in 'Stanislaw,' and missed the items in Quebec!  What a chauvinist I am!   The bibliography is a great help, too.

You would think that shipping from Canada would be less expensive, but it's about the same--it is still an air mail rate; for some reason, I cannot request a ground shipping rate or UPS from Canada.  Also, books seem to be more expensive up there even though the Canadian dollar is cheaper.  In fact, it costs me less to buy books from amazon.fr than from amazon.ca, shipping included.  I guess they are too cold up there and got mixed up.

Thanks,
AFK

innate

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #4 dnia: Września 14, 2005, 05:38:19 am »
The weird thing is that sometimes those metasearch sites will only find a little bit of what's available at the sites they look through. And as for it being cheaper to fly your books over an entire ocean, that's just crazy.