Autor Wątek: I Need Help  (Przeczytany 11200 razy)

togataran

• Gość
I Need Help
« dnia: Maja 27, 2005, 03:13:56 am »
Hello,
I am wondering if anyone knows about a particular work by Stanislaw Lem. It is probably a play, or a book. It has something to do with Professor Tarantoga, and the main character travels back in time to visit certain famous scientists, such as Kopernik and Galileo and Kepler. Then he finds out that they are just ordinary people. Eventually he writes all the scientific works by himself, in order to prevent a future world that still thinks the earth is flat.
My father told me about this story, he heard of it while still in Poland. I have trouble finding information about it, though, so any help would be great.

Terminus

• Gość
Re: I Need Help
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: Maja 27, 2005, 12:41:24 pm »
Welcome.
Yes, it is a tv-play scenario, it was published in Poland among other stories in the book ,,Przekladaniec"; and the story about Tarantoga's meeting with geniuses is, if I'm not wrong, titled "Wyprawa Profesora Tarantogi" (,,Professor Tarantoga's Expedition") but it still wasn't translated into engish, of what I know...

That Tarantoga story was probably once published in Poland as addition to early edition of Star Diaries, but it's still in Polish, and that's about it.

I'm afraid it wasn't translated to other languages at all (I hope I'm wrong, though).

Cheers

Socrates

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: Maja 28, 2005, 07:47:00 pm »
It wasn't, eh? Hm...How long is it, and does anyone have an electronic copy of it/could scan it and possibly send it to me?
Cheers, Socrates

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #3 dnia: Maja 30, 2005, 03:26:27 am »
Hah, You just don't give up::) I would tranlate it too, I just don't have it. Maybe someone does... someone from the Polish section...

Angelika_Darksky

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #4 dnia: Maja 30, 2005, 06:09:01 pm »
I know this story! It was translated into german and I had it in a book together with other shortstories... but I can't remember the title of the story nor of the book...
And the storie was a little bit different from what you told us, but nethermind...

I will have a look at the book and the storie when I am home next time. Maybe I can help you (a little).

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #5 dnia: Maja 31, 2005, 02:56:26 am »
Well, Angelika after You've found it, You can translate it and post here ::)
« Ostatnia zmiana: Maja 31, 2005, 02:57:14 am wysłana przez Terminus »

SoGo

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #6 dnia: Maja 31, 2005, 09:37:03 pm »
In the Book "The Rat in the Labyrinth"
The Storys name is "Professor A. Donda", its written like an theatre scene, but Taratonga is the Prof. which acted in.

Mystically, why they called it Donda?

Socrates

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #7 dnia: Czerwca 08, 2005, 08:43:39 pm »
I know why!  This one assitant to Prof Pombernack realized something at the very last moment and burst into the laboratory yelling "do not do it!", but like all Englishmen he slurred it a bit and it came out like Donda.  Funny story, but I will not spoil the reason why he yelled "do not do it" in the first place - go read the story!
Cheers, Socrates