Autor Wątek: universally accessible?  (Przeczytany 29914 razy)

Terminus

• Gość
Re: universally accessible?
« Odpowiedź #45 dnia: Listopada 02, 2005, 01:56:52 pm »
Naa, being a mathematician cannot mean that I will extrapolate my appreciation for elegance of simplicity everywhere else. Should I think ABBA is greater than Bach because their music is less complicated?

But more important thing is, that it's not about what I like.  

Mind that I don't think that Polish is in anyway better or greater than English. I just don't think so.  I just give you proofs that, the way I see it,  it's more complicated. That's all. I don't present any appraisals of English, or Polish, nor try to compare them by means of 'greatness'.

But like it was said before, I am aware that English is nowadays present in the media in somewhat simplified form; which leads to the conclusion, that:

1.it might be rich and complicated -but I don't know it

hence

2.  we are quarelling over nothing at all really.

Hope it's all clearer now.

« Ostatnia zmiana: Listopada 02, 2005, 02:01:03 pm wysłana przez Terminus »

innate

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #46 dnia: Listopada 02, 2005, 09:06:47 pm »
Sorry, I was trying to show that I wasn't being very serious by my use of the word 'rebel', since we tend to use it in a sarcastic and joking sense...

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #47 dnia: Listopada 03, 2005, 01:47:14 am »
As for rebellion in Mathematics, I think I'm not a part of it. My views are rather traditional. In other words, I worship harmony, regardless of the level of its complication.

innate

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #48 dnia: Listopada 03, 2005, 09:40:09 am »
It is not a quarrel, but misunderstanding.

I wrote things without realizing that we were still speaking in the specific context of two particular natural languages...and what I meant by complexity-from-simplicity is evidently not what you thought of when I wrote it...and of course I was playing with fire to have attempted good-natured teasing as a non-smiley-user.