Autor Wątek: "The Star Diaries" as mini series on German TV  (Przeczytany 23208 razy)

kucharek

• Gość
"The Star Diaries" as mini series on German TV
« dnia: Marca 26, 2007, 07:13:58 pm »
Tonite the first episode of a miniseries based on "The Star Diaries" is aired on German tv by the public broadcasting channel ZDF. You can also watch it online at http://www.zdf.de/ZDFde/inhalt/16/0,1872,1404048,00.html

Deckert

• Gość
Re: "The Star Diaries" as mini series on German TV
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: Marca 27, 2007, 10:08:56 am »
Sounds interesting!
Is it, or will it be, available in English?

CU
Deck

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: Marca 27, 2007, 02:50:20 pm »
Wow, the link you posted is simply breathtaking! What a shame I don't speak german, goddamit! Hopefully it could be translated somehow...

Mieslaw

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #3 dnia: Marca 28, 2007, 07:37:23 pm »
WHOA, great !!!!!!!!  [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

I speak german a bit, because I learn it at school  :) .

negative_dragon

• Gość
Re: "The Star Diaries" original homepage
« Odpowiedź #4 dnia: Kwietnia 02, 2007, 10:13:49 am »
Hi,

here's the link to the original homepage of the project: http://www.ijontichy.de/

Have fun!

dom

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #5 dnia: Kwietnia 06, 2007, 11:47:06 pm »
[justify]I looked at the videos and I find it very interesting. I regret do not understand german (I manage however to understand the general sense of the story). The voices sound a lot  funny and the actor playing Ijon Tichy looks like Han Solo. I hope I can watch one day this series in french because in France we have a french/german public television channel, it is a cultural channel and I think that they could broadcast this kind of programs (they broacast Tarkovsky's Solaris last year, in russian version with french subtitles).[/justify]

negative_dragon

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #6 dnia: Kwietnia 10, 2007, 09:57:22 am »
Hi,

to all of you non-native German speaking people out there in the world: I'm not sure if the Ijon Tichy mini-series will be translated into other languages. If you try to follow the video in the German version, don't be disappointed if you can't understand much. Ijon is speaking a veery strange sort of artificial accent or dialect. The words in his sentences are scrambled and he's using artificial words a lot. (e.g. 'sucker of dust' instead of 'vacuum cleaner' and so on). You know that Mr. Lem invented lots of new terms to describe his future worlds and so the makers of the Ijon Tichy series do in a very funny and entertaining way.

Translating the dialogs into other languages must be enormous difficult and fun at the same time.

--
Where do you want to fly today?

Mieslaw

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #7 dnia: Kwietnia 10, 2007, 01:25:35 pm »
Hi,

to all of you non-native German speaking people out there in the world: I'm not sure if the Ijon Tichy mini-series will be translated into other languages. If you try to follow the video in the German version, don't be disappointed if you can't understand much. Ijon is speaking a veery strange sort of artificial accent or dialect. The words in his sentences are scrambled and he's using artificial words a lot. (e.g. 'sucker of dust' instead of 'vacuum cleaner' and so on). You know that Mr. Lem invented lots of new terms to describe his future worlds and so the makers of the Ijon Tichy series do in a very funny and entertaining way.

Translating the dialogs into other languages must be enormous difficult and fun at the same time.

--
Where do you want to fly today?
Translating into Polish wouldn't be a big problem, I think. It seems that they use much sentences exactly from the book, so someone translating it should have the book  8-) .

Or, maybe, I'm wrong  :).
« Ostatnia zmiana: Kwietnia 10, 2007, 01:26:20 pm wysłana przez Mieslaw »

dom

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #8 dnia: Kwietnia 11, 2007, 07:36:12 pm »
[justify]In The Futurological Congress there are many words and sentences very funny and creative. I don't know if the french translation is faithful to the original version but I find it very good. If the mini-serie could be translated in a same way, I think that should be great.[/justify]

Eumeli

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #9 dnia: Kwietnia 17, 2007, 04:17:46 pm »
Aaarghh!
The series are terrible!
Just a german comedy-version of the Sterntagebücher.
Forget it.
Hope there is any chance Mr. Lem jr. stops this shit!

Honest_Annie

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #10 dnia: Kwietnia 24, 2007, 02:00:12 am »
I found the german of Tichy quite easy to understand for foreigners ( I am spanish), In general I think that the series is not bad, and sometimes catch some of the spirit of the tales ( we have to take into account that these are very short episodes), even this new Halluzinelle character is quite well integrated,

Mieslaw

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #11 dnia: Kwietnia 24, 2007, 03:52:17 pm »
In general I think that the series is not bad
It is great !!!

and sometimes catch some of the spirit of the tales
It does catch the spirit! For me it is as crazy as the book  :D.

even this new Halluzinelle character is quite well integrated
I agree. And she's good-looking ::) .

Q

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #12 dnia: Sierpnia 21, 2007, 09:37:10 am »
It is great !!!

"Red Dwarf" was better for me. I love "The Star Diaries" (a book), but I don't like this TV series...

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #13 dnia: Sierpnia 29, 2007, 10:46:43 am »
Did you watch it in its entirelity? Do you speak German? If you do, and you like hard work as we know you do, you could make some subtitles for us less fortunate...
« Ostatnia zmiana: Sierpnia 29, 2007, 10:47:00 am wysłana przez Terminus »

draco_volantus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #14 dnia: Września 18, 2007, 01:26:48 am »
 ;D