Autor Wątek: Lem and other SF  (Przeczytany 127466 razy)

NEXUS6

• Gość
Re: Lem and other SF
« Odpowiedź #30 dnia: Maja 02, 2005, 03:01:48 am »
Are you sure about this regular visits of producers from Hollywood? Did they ask last time about any specific book to louse up ;D?

manami

• Gość
Re: lems life today
« Odpowiedź #31 dnia: Maja 02, 2005, 03:41:45 pm »
thanks for your

manami

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #32 dnia: Maja 02, 2005, 04:11:01 pm »
sorry i made a mistake. thanks for your answers, that's it what i wanted to write  ;).  Nevertheless i have still one question.  Can you tell me the name of the maganzine which lem is writing for?

thanks

SoGo

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #33 dnia: Maja 02, 2005, 06:04:50 pm »
sorry i made a mistake.

There aren't any mistakes, just some good and some not so good choices. ;)

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #34 dnia: Maja 03, 2005, 01:40:26 am »
 Can you tell me the name of the maganzine which lem is writing for?

thanks

"Tygodnik Powszechny", "Odra", "PC Magazine",  he is also known to have written for "Gazeta Wyborcza" and, I think, "Wprost".

(One of Lem's articles for "Wprost" is described  (but not quoted ) here. )
« Ostatnia zmiana: Maja 03, 2005, 01:58:26 am wysłana przez Terminus »

wetal

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #35 dnia: Maja 03, 2005, 12:04:33 pm »
Did anyone read F. Saberhagen ? Does he writes only about berserkers/ the killing machines whose task is to destroy the life they meet/? Judging by his short stories he is not so bad as it seemed to be .

SoGo

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #36 dnia: Maja 05, 2005, 05:17:17 pm »
Did anyone read F. Saberhagen ? Does he writes only about berserkers/ the killing machines whose task is to destroy the life they meet/? Judging by his short stories he is not so bad as it seemed to be .

I think I read it long time ago.
Whats happening with the machine in the end?

wetal

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #37 dnia: Maja 09, 2005, 01:10:55 pm »
There`s a novel called BERSERKERS I didn`t read it ,it was retold to me by my brother. Iread only a short story where berserker`s theme was continued. I know that some American writers followed Saberhagen`s theme and edited a complete which was called Men and Berserkers.

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #38 dnia: Maja 17, 2005, 01:50:54 am »
Berserkers? This is quite reminescent of 'Eric the Viking', by the late Pythons. Do those Saberhagen's berserkers berserk that much and happily?

wetal

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #39 dnia: Czerwca 20, 2005, 12:43:05 pm »
What about Robert Shakley? He`s a good SF writer American though. He creates mostly short-stories,sometimes amusing and philosophical.

wetal

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #40 dnia: Czerwca 20, 2005, 12:48:47 pm »
Shakley was in Kyiv at the presentation of his complete.`tis very pleasant that he knows Ukraine.
It`s a matter of fact that he was one of the most readable writers in our country in the time of USSR.

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #41 dnia: Czerwca 25, 2005, 02:12:41 am »
Ukraine is cool ::) Not just the orange revolution, but also Chernobyl... and stuff. I like this country. As majority of  peple in Poland do nowadays :)

Monicks

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #42 dnia: Lipca 12, 2005, 01:49:25 pm »
I don't  :(
I used to have several problems with my thyroid becauce of Chernobyl...

Terminus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #43 dnia: Lipca 12, 2005, 08:30:49 pm »
Well, sorry to hear that... I remember my iodine drinks back in those days ::) I still recall the taste. But I guess this saved my health.

Laslo Katona

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #44 dnia: Lipca 14, 2005, 11:46:35 pm »
Dear Friends!

I have only one question: do any purport (goal, reason) to write a sci-fi novel nowadays? I wanted to wrote one about a planet, where no any sign of the time passing. But the earthlings could create an understanding between the intelligent population of this planet on the ground of the emotions. (It seems, on the Earth it is the first step of everything with all creature.) But I lost my motivation because as I see, the world is too unconcius to see the life in its true nature. The couriuos things, which can anybody make up (invent) are too plain and boring according to reality. And the film industry kills the brain. The movies are narrows the geniuosity of the brain, and the effects and the musik stimulate it, therefore the whole thing is like we hearing a beautiful tune beneath the surface of the sea.
But, may be this is only because I have no any free time to write it. Sorry.

all best to everyone

L. Katona
Hung