Autor Wątek: Sci-fi London film festival and Lem adaptations  (Przeczytany 11148 razy)

Arthur99Dent

• Juror
  • YaBB Newbies
  • I Love YaBB 2!
Sci-fi London film festival and Lem adaptations
« dnia: Kwietnia 08, 2010, 10:41:57 pm »
Part of Sci-fi London lineup 2010 :
Lem's "1": Quote: "One of the most intriguing science fiction projects of last year was Pater Sparrow's "1" .
An ambitious, satirical and maddeningly cerebral adaptation of Stanislaw Lem's seminal Polish essay,
1 is up there with the best scifi works about the nature of reality ever made and I hope many of you out there
will get a chance to see it for yourselves."
The Sci-fi London film festival will have a "Polish season" including:
The House of Transfiguration
Test Pilot Pirxa (the link at imdb.com incorrectly leads to the 1938 film "Test Pilot")
Golem
-Also, "Radio Free Albemuth", The Philip K. Dick  adaptation
The festival runs April 28th to May 3rd, here is their web site http://www.sci-fi-london.com/festival/

Is any of you near London at the time? Maybe you could give us comments on the films. Yours  Birger Johansson  ???

tzok

• Juror
Re: Sci-fi London film festival and Lem adaptations
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: Kwietnia 09, 2010, 10:12:26 pm »
I have just recently reread "Hospital of transfiguration" (it's HOSPITAL not HOUSE) and also watched the film. It is quite good, yet incompatible with the book. In some cases it mixes facts, in other it adds its own and some facts are of course missed as in any film adaptation. What struck me the most is that in my opinion, the main character Stefan seemed confident and heroic (at least in the second half of the film), while in the book he was rather the opposite. Even with this major flaw, I'd consider this film good and worth watching :)

Btw. A movie "Golem"? What is this? I haven't heard about it, can you please give us some links about it?