Autor Wątek: Some Revolutionary Ideas  (Przeczytany 28821 razy)

Mono

• YaBB Newbies
Some Revolutionary Ideas
« dnia: Sierpnia 18, 2011, 07:04:59 pm »
I like computers. My first computer was a Windows based PC - 64MB of RAM with Intel Celeron 300 MHz CPU. A long time ago that was something. Since then I have had a few machines - some Windows, some Linux controlled. I love tinkering with the thingies. You know - exploring how stuff works, discovering how it does things and all...

Some time ago I came across another big thing... They call it "THE INTERNET". That's a fun thingy too, although there are plenty of freaks out there who write strange and unusual stories. It's amazing what level of absurdity people achieve when under the cover of anonimity their primeval instincts find their vent. Here is a perfect example of this.

Some idiots preach a freaky message about guys called Linus Thorvalds, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and others. They call these and suchlikes by the name: Programmers. What is more, they obstinately claim that we have our CPUs from places called Intel and AMD, our machines from Apple and Samsung, our LCD screens from LG and Philips. They say these are the Manufacturers. To make it even funnier, they believe in the existence of special documents that are supposed to help us deal with software and hardware. They call these documents: Manuals and Documentation.

Just unbelievable that someone can be that naive. Being a logical and rational man, from the very beginning of my contact with computers I have adopted the most scientific approach to exploring the digital world: why should I assume the existence of a programmer or manufacturer while it is perfectly possible to explain the existence of an OS and the machine without such mythical concepts that go against reason and Ockham's razor? Why should I look for some "manual" while I can easily click around and use Corel all by myself?

I'm sure you see my point. Take OSes for example. Isn't it obvious that Windows 3 might have naturally developed from DOS based Norton Commander and then by means of natural selection transformed itself by means of slight software glitches and mutations in millions of machines over a couple of months into Win95, then through Win98  and XP - all the way up to Windows 7? Any logically reasoning man must admit that this is a perfectly possible option, given the tens of years that have elapsed since MSDOS appeared, multiplied by millions of machines and networks in which those systems operated, thrived and copied themselves in sometimes favorable and sometimes bad conditions - all of which stimulated their growth and transformations. We don't need a programmer here. Anyone - even a child - able to copy and paste a file can confirm it. If there had been a programmer, would our software and networks have been so full of errors, stupid functions and redundant informational clutter?

And then hardware. Do I have to explain the obvious redundancy of a manufacturer here? Why should we lazily assume that our boxes, CPUs, screens and keyboards "magically" appeared in the market because some allmighty manufacturers are so kind as to produce them? Any logical man must admit that there is a huge chance that the first chip assembled itself in the early sixties from some silicon and metal particles left by a careless plumber in one of trillions of American workshops and then by an unusual - but possible to imagine - coincidence managed to get copied and transformed into the first CPU, that then by an infinitely small but yet imaginable chance got in touch with the first circuit board - and so on and so on until today we are able to get a fully featured iPod. How naive it is to assume that anyone conscious had to tinker with it, design it or produce it - while it is all perfectly explainable without referring to the blind faith in some shmanufacturer.

People, don't let naive ingorants fool you. Follow the path of logic and reason and true scientific research based on proper assumptions - it will save you a lot of trouble. Those poor beasts believing in the dogmas on Programmers, Manufacturers and Manuals have such narrow minds - they are not able to enjoy their equipment, they don't know and cannot explain why it is so imperfect - their life is so much worse. You can avoid their fate - just start thinking and be ready to reject traditional stupidity.

Terminus

• Global Moderator
  • God Member
  • AST-Pm-105/044 Uniwersalny Naprawczy
Re: Some Revolutionary Ideas
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: Sierpnia 18, 2011, 11:59:02 pm »
Endulging. Too bad I happen to be a programmer. Guess I should just shut it.

tzok

• Juror
« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: Sierpnia 19, 2011, 12:38:55 pm »
Poor provocation... You're doing it wrong.

Q

• YaBB Moderator
  • God Member
  • Jego Induktywność
« Odpowiedź #3 dnia: Sierpnia 19, 2011, 04:50:36 pm »
But the truth is different. It's not the programmer who controls information - it's information that controls the programmer to find its way into the machine.

God who wants materializing himself as an ultimate computer/net?

Poor man's Tippler... Blah... blah... blah...
"Wśród wydarzeń wszechświata nie ma ważnych i nieważnych, tylko my różnie je postrzegamy. Podział na ważne i nieważne odbywa się w naszych umysłach" - Marek Baraniecki

NEXUS6

• Juror
  • God Member
  • MISTYK WYSTYGŁ, WYNIK: CYNIK
« Odpowiedź #4 dnia: Sierpnia 19, 2011, 08:40:01 pm »
 ;D

Terminus

• Global Moderator
  • God Member
« Odpowiedź #5 dnia: Września 01, 2011, 02:24:48 pm »
Goes without saying we're soon gonna hear the world "solipsism" around here, who knows, maybe even "Matrix" and how there is no spoon...
By the way, Mono, my first computer was Atari 65XE, and that was something. Celerons are postmodernism...
« Ostatnia zmiana: Września 01, 2011, 02:27:06 pm wysłana przez Terminus »

Terminus

• Global Moderator
  • God Member
« Odpowiedź #6 dnia: Września 08, 2011, 11:49:56 pm »
Sorry, it's a typo, should be "indulging".
Well, Windows was actually DOS with an interface, so there wasn't too much to quarrel over :)

Q

• YaBB Moderator
  • God Member
  • Jego Induktywność
« Odpowiedź #7 dnia: Września 16, 2011, 12:44:00 pm »
@Terminus

A'propos: some Orliński's reflections about Jobs, Apple etc.:
http://wo.blox.pl/2011/08/Dzieki-Steve.html
"Wśród wydarzeń wszechświata nie ma ważnych i nieważnych, tylko my różnie je postrzegamy. Podział na ważne i nieważne odbywa się w naszych umysłach" - Marek Baraniecki