Autor Wątek: Solaris in English  (Przeczytany 18497 razy)

draco_volantus

• Gość
Re: Solaris in English
« Odpowiedź #15 dnia: Maja 28, 2006, 02:12:56 am »
Kagan, did you translate solaris into English?
As I know you were born in Poland, have you ever heard that only native english may tanslate foreign books into his own language? It doesn't work in both sides.

ps
ale mi sie nie chce po ang. pisać :]
« Ostatnia zmiana: Maja 28, 2006, 08:18:09 pm wysłana przez draco_volantus »

Kagan

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #16 dnia: Maja 28, 2006, 08:46:36 am »
Kagan, did you translate solaris into english?
As I know you were born in Poland, have you ever heard that only native english may tanslate foreign books into his own language? It doesn't work in both sides.

ps
ale mi sie nie chce po ang. pisać :]

I did rough translation of some chapters of SOLARIS from Polish into English. Now I need help pof so-called native speaker (but with very good English). And remember that I used to speak English as a child and spent over quarter of century in various English-speaking countries such as (in chronological order) New Zealand, South Africa (Transvaal), Australia (WA, Victoria and NSW), England, US of A (Minnesota, Virginia), Scotland (Lowlands) and Cyprus (OK, in some of those countries English is "only" a kind of lingua franca, but it really does not matter). I see that you are again using arguments "ad personam". My spoken English is, anyway fluent but not perfect, so I am usually taken as an Englishman from Midlands...
And FIRSTLY in English language "English" is always written with first "E" in UPPER CASE, and SECONDLY one can be an Englishman born in Poland... Your logic is very faulty... :(

draco_volantus

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #17 dnia: Maja 28, 2006, 08:23:23 pm »
I used to speak English as a child

I didn't know. Now I have mixed emotions.
« Ostatnia zmiana: Maja 28, 2006, 08:23:37 pm wysłana przez draco_volantus »

Kagan

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #18 dnia: Maja 29, 2006, 09:11:49 am »
I didn't know. Now I have mixed emotions.

That's OK. Danger is when someone thinks that he or she is absolutelly right and has a misiion from God (Hitler, George Bush jr., Tony Blair etc.)...